Ft. Lauderdale & Boynton Food Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hetland

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Got a group headed to Ft. Lauderdale on Monday, and we're looking for some local fare (mostly seafood) between there and Boynton Beach. We'd like to stay away from the chains and get some good grub as long as it's not too expensive.

Wouldn't mind trying some conch either as long as I don't have to drive down to the keys to get it :tongue2:

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

All of the food in Florida sucks except for the seafood. At least when you're from Chicago it does.

15th Street fishery in Ft Lauderdale is one of my favorites. They had a casual (less expensive) menu downstairs and higher end menu upstairs; either way you'll get the seafood and conch that you're looking for. It's waterfront with underwater lights attracting lots of tarpon, jacks, etc. which are fun to watch.

Got a group headed to Ft. Lauderdale on Monday, and we're looking for some local fare (mostly seafood) between there and Boynton Beach. We'd like to stay away from the chains and get some good grub as long as it's not too expensive.

Wouldn't mind trying some conch either as long as I don't have to drive down to the keys to get it :tongue2:

It isn't seafood, but you can get a great corned beef sandwich and nice matzoh ball soup here:

Poppies deli, florida - Google Maps

dont know about boynton, but if your a fan of cuban food that is kinda a niche you cant get too many other places for the area. I would recommend legal seafood, some of the smaller places by the beach, marinas and piers usually have some good grub too

Local eatery seafood:
Boynton Beach - Hurricane Alley (eat inside only, service is sub-par outside)
Fort Lauderdale - Old Florida Seafood House - a local institution, I took my dates there in HS
Fort Lauderdale - Ernie's - another institution, lower end of the $ scale and they have genuine Conch Fritters
Boca Raton - City Fish Market - Excellent seafood, upper end of the $ scale but hey, it's Boca Raton

Two locals' favorites that have been here for decades and won't break the budget are Southport Raw Bar and Ernie's Bar BQ. One of my favorite meals on this planet is at Ernie's...a bowl of conch chowder with two slices of Bimini Bread and a large draft Amberbock.

I'm also a big fan of Quarterdeck and 15th Street Fisheries mentioned above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom