Aggressor Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajy733

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are planning a trip to India and are hoping to tack on some diving while there, in November 2010. Having never done a liveaboard dive trip before its all new ground to me. Can anyone offer advice. At this point the lead candidate is the Aggressor. I just can't find any reviews about it. Any help appreciated.

I've never been there, but if you're going on or after the 14th of November, try the Peter Hughes Ocean Dancer. I've heard that many divers who go there, this boat is the envy of everyone. Go to Peter Hughes Diving - Live-Aboard Excellence to World Class Dive Destinations and click on Maldives - I am jelous that you guys are going there, I don't doubt that it'll be an awesome trip.

From what I know about Ocean Dancer, it's a husband and wife team that owns the operation, they have a 55ft dive tender that you do 3 dives a day from with an occasional 4th at twilight - this boat is seperate from the mothership (which is over 100ft long), the boat has an onboard massage therapist, and they do a full out catered picnic on the beach with table, chairs, everything! I hope to go there one day but from Hawaii I can't find airfare cheap enough. I highly advocate the Peter Hughes diving company as well as Aggressor, they're under new ownership as of the last couple years and the new owner is REALLY a great person who wants these businesses to grow through ways that make the diving more accessible as opposed to more expensive. The Ocean Dancer is probably on par pricewise as the Aggressor but I don't know too much about the Aggressor aside from the fact that they've been there for a shorter period of time.

Another thing to note, the Ocean Dancer is doing a 10 day trip on April 14th (unless they've changed their plans) and this trip is solely devoted to free diving. The owner is a professionally trained free diver who has worked with world champions. He will be doing a trip that covers free diving methods and practice each morning with one afternoon scuba dive each afternoon in which the divers get to see how their work in free diving helps them with conservation of air consumption. This date might not be on your radar schedulewise or interestwise but I think is worthy of note.

Give 'em a try and let me know how it goes, I haven't heard a bad report yet.

Eric

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom