Dan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaregia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently got my NAUI OW, and during most of the course they made a big deal about DAN membership/insurance. I was looking at the differences between the insurance grades and figured I'd check ScubaBoard, however I couldn't find any posts about DAN at all. Is DAN less important / less well regarded than my NAUI instructors caused me to think, or am I useless with a search box?

Awesome. Then I guess my followup question is "how do I use the search feature."
:)

Okay, so it looks like the option is (as I expected) between the Preferred and Master Plans. I'm a grad student, so I'm more concerned about things like chamber rides than vacation interruption, and the price difference will actually show up on my budget. Am I likely to need more than $125k per incident? I'm not sure what other benefits there are. The non-dive insurance isn't likely to help me because, as a graduate student (read: having neither time nor money), most of my diving will be fairly local.

Awesome. Then I guess my followup question is "how do I use the search feature."
our search doesn't work so well for 2 or 3 letter terms. Try googling this:

DAN site:scubaboard.com

To :search: a 3 letter word on any V-board, you have to wrap it: *DAN*

I think the cheapest DAN plan is very insufficient while the next one that cost $10/year more is pretty good. The top one is better, but - more than I need I think. Otherwise, I would not dive at all without DAN, and put their numbers in your cell phone - then use them when you may be in doubt.

I have an opinion that get the highest level, Preferred .. you can never know in advance that you will need every last bit of it .. My friend did, and is why I upped mine to that level ... $70 per year is not much considering

I have been diving for a very short time....since 2007. I also travel and dive all around the world.

I have the DAN perfered insurance. I have a family plan to cover my two sons who are attending university.

DAN is insurance....if something goes wrong, I want access to resources and people who know what they are doing.....

yes, to search here for items of less than 4 letters, you need to use wildcards (*) to make at least 4 characters. so, dan*, dir*, gue*, utd*, etc!

Back
Top Bottom