Canister light on ranger bc [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : Canister light on ranger bc

Sponsored Link

Frogman82
December 27th, 2009, 12:49 PM
As the title says I'm twisting my mind to figure out a way to mount a large canister light to my ranger other than between the doubles on my back. The canister is similar to the halcyon pro 14. Any ideas?

Jeff Toorish
December 27th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Just a thought, but is it possible to rig it horizontally along the bottom, sort of like a butt plate?

Jeff

Lee Taylor
December 27th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I have one of the short canisters. It's about 6" long and 5" in diameter. I use a metal ring (like a key ring) and a metal hook (like for a boat). I hook mine to one of the lower rings and just let it hang.

Frogman82
December 27th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I have one of the short canisters. It's about 6" long and 5" in diameter. I use a metal ring (like a key ring) and a metal hook (like for a boat). I hook mine to one of the lower rings and just let it hang.

Yeah, I thought on that too. I watched some of the sea hunter's videos on youtube, and where they dive the wilhelm gustloff it looks like they mounted the canisters like you're describing. The canisters were large as well, so maybe that would work.

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1