Marco Island in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funland111

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be in Marco the first week in March and have never dove Florida's west coast. Is it worth taking my dive equipment, or isn't March diving worth the effort off Marco. Have to choose between golf equipment or dive gear -- good choice to have.

Thanks

My inlaws moved to Naples and while visiting I stopped by the local dive shop. They do all their diving in Key Largo or on the East Coast. They told me there is not much but sand and long boat rides on the West coast. It's not a bad trip from there to Key Largo, couple hours each way. I've done day trips from Naples.

Is there diving - yes - would I recommend it as a dive destination - no, especially sine the SE Coast and Keys offer such great diving.

I'd either plan to play golf (superb area for that activity) or drive to the Keys - your profile does not list your level of experience, but - if you are comfortable w/ depth and current, Boynton Beach, West Palm, and Jupiter offer some of the best diving in Florida - or the USA, for that matter - if you are a real beginner - skip Jupiter.

I was down on Marco Island this past August. Drove down to Key Largo for 2 days of diving. Next time I go to Marco I will hit West Palm/ Lauderdale for dives.
It was a 3 hour drive to Key Largo, and its about a 2 hour drive to West Palm.

Jim Breslin

There is NO diving anywhere near Marco Island.
I lived in Naples....I know.....LOL
If you want to dive, shoot across Alligator Alley to Lauderdale.
Maybe and hour or so by car.
Shore diving or boat diving...you choose.

There is NO diving anywhere near Marco Island.
I lived in Naples....I know.....LOL
If you want to dive, shoot across Alligator Alley to Lauderdale.
Maybe and hour or so by car.
Shore diving or boat diving...you choose.

Solid advice, the good diving in Fort Lauderdale is just 115 miles away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom