Ikelite Underwater Video system with the housing, light, two cameras and accessories.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divers Incorporated

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ann Arbor, Michigan and White Star Quarry
# of dives
I am looking to sell an Ikelite Underwater Video system with the housing, light, two cameras and accessories. This system has been used since 2006 and works great. Since it is used, it has some quirks that are listed as each item is described below. I have used this system for a number of years both above water and below and this housing has traveled around the world on underwater adventures. I used it for underwater video and underwater stills and have just recently bought a digital SLR to replace it. I will be happy to show you how to put this camera together and how to dive with it if you are local to Southeastern Michigan or Northwestern Ohio.

For still picture examples of what this camera can do check out Rich Synowiec - Underwater Photographer/ Videographer

For Video Examples of what this camera can do check out YouTube - DiversIncorporated's Channel

This package includes

Ikelite Digital Housing 6038.37 with internal tray - Rebuilt by Ikelite in April 2009 - Molded of clear polycarbonate to provide seamless construction and corrosion proof performance. This “Clearly Superior” design provides full view of the camcorder, control functions, and back "O" ring seal for assurance the system is safe. Maximum operating depth is 200 feet (60 m). The Base removes instantly with a unique toggle clamp for traveling. The handle assembly detaches from the housing by removal of just two nuts for packing. Tray Handle is set up for two lights. One of them is not included in the sale since I would like to keep it for diving but I am leaving the mount for both sides. (if you want the second light we can negotiate that) The housing has scratches and dings from use.. cosmetically it is worn, mechanically it is sound.

• Inon 20mm Wide angle lens - This lens allows you to capture more of the scene for wide angle shots. Enjoy increased clarity and enhanced color that result from widening your camera lens' angle of coverage and getting closer to your subject. This lens has a bungee "bayonet" system that allowed me to quickly change from wide angle to macro while on the same dive. The result is a very functional system that is not cosmetically correct. There are scratches on the lens and the threads are stripped in the housing. Both can be replaced at the factory if needed.
  • Blue Water Filter for Inon Lens - Filter to color correct when using the wide angle in the tropical ocean
  • Green Water Filter for Inon Lens - Filter to color correct when using the wide angle in the green water lakes and cooler oceans
  • (2) Spare main oring - One New, One Used
Sony DCR DVD505 Video Camera with some cosmetic Blemishes but functions well. Used on the surface and as a back up. From the sony website: The DCR-DVD505 is an advanced DVD Handycam with a Carl Zeiss lens, an improved ClearVid CMOS sensor, a 3.5" widescreen "ClearPhoto LCD plus" screen with touch panel and 5.1 channel surround sound creator. 16:9 widescreen mode, 5.1 channel surround sound ready, Direct print, USB 2.0 compatibility, accessories hot shoe, auto power save, backlight compensation, built-in speaker, demonstration mode, display brightness control, touch-screen control.. see the sony website for details. I do not have the manual but will include the PDF saved on the included memory stick.

Sony DCR DVD505 Video Camera with a touch screen that is intermittent in its function... does not affect recording - I use this one for the underwater housing since it works well for what is accessible in the housing.

512mb Memory Stick Pro with Adapter for the above cameras. Disc has a .pdf copy of the manual saved on it

Sony Accessories for above cameras - including

• Sony Power cord (1)
  • Sony Wall Charger (1)
  • After Market Travel Charger for the batteries (1)
  • High Capacity Batteries (SONY) (3)
  • One Standard Battery (SONY) (1)
  • Lens Tissue and Blow Brush
  • USB Cable for Picture Download
  • Sony Video Cord for TV Play Back
  • Remote control for camera standard
  • Remote Control for camera mini
  • Pack of three moisture munchers for housing
  • O ring lube
Underwater Kinetics 10Watt HID Light Cannon Video Light including
  • Internal removeable Diffuser
  • Custom fitted Lineloc Moveable arm
  • Pistol Grip to put the light back into dive light mode
Also Included:

1. Two wrist lanyards
  2. Photomate camera/accessory bag
  3. Angle Driver for tightening arms
  4. 3 Blank Mini DVD's not pictured

For all of the above I am asking $1500

AND as a special bonus (sorry i couldnt resist) if you are in the proximity to White Star Quarry or Ann Arbor, MI I will show you how the whole system works and give you coaching to make it work as well for you as it has worked for me.

Thanks for looking

Rich

Do you think this would be a good first u/w video set-up for a guy looking to make the change from shooting u/w stills?

Rich, Can you take Pic of scratches on the PORT and can you tell me more about the stripped threads? Is it usable as is?

Also watch your White Star Night Dive June 6, 2009, where did you get music?

Cheers,
Roger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom