Water temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DepthCharge

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I heading down to the WPB area this coming week. How are the water temps this time of year? Also how frequently do dives get canceled due to conditions?

I heading down to the WPB area this coming week. How are the water temps this time of year? Also how frequently do dives get canceled due to conditions?

It's about 77 on the deeper sites and a few degrees cooler on the shallower stuff.

My dive out of Miami was canceled this morning, most likely based on the forecast but the captain just called and has reassessed the conditions will run the trip this afternoon.

It's about 77 on the deeper sites and a few degrees cooler on the shallower stuff.

My dive out of Miami was canceled this morning, most likely based on the forecast but the captain just called and has reassessed the conditions will run the trip this afternoon.

Exactly! Forecasts are just that, only forecasts. And, they can be wrong. It's a shame when people cancel their dive plans based upon inaccurate forecasts, and end up missing out on beautiful conditions. Sometimes it's better to make a dockside decision, rather than cancel a day ahead of time. :shakehead:

Yesterday, I registered 75-76 degrees :frosty:

Exactly! Forecasts are just that, only forecasts. And, they can be wrong. It's a shame when people cancel their dive plans based upon inaccurate forecasts, and end up missing out on beautiful conditions. Sometimes it's better to make a dockside decision, rather than cancel a day ahead of time. :shakehead:

That's why I always like to see the beach cams but in the winter, there's no light at 630am when the captains are making their decision on their morning trip.
I also hate to see them lose a high revenue trip. If they go out of business, where would we be??

Today in Jupiter it was 63F at 95 feet.... Brrrrr

If they go out of business, where would we be??
Well, to answer your question, the technical term is "$#!~ out of luck". There are, of course, many more casually colloquial terms but this would necessarily lead to a coarsening vulgarization of this thread and probably a great deal of internecine member bashing.

Well, to answer your question, the technical term is "$#!~ out of luck". There are, of course, many more casually colloquial terms but this would necessarily lead to a coarsening vulgarization of this thread and probably a great deal of internecine member bashing.

Mommm....Tommy is being a potty mouth!

Chug
Thinks Mr. Winters is mostly OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom