Custom Weight Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobyDave

Contributor
Reaction score
Thought I'd share a find I made. I wanted a couple of weight pockets to go on the tank harness. I went to a local Army/Navy store where they make custom nylon holders for knives, equipment, and yes, guns.

They custom-fabricated two really nice zippered weight pockets for $4.00 each, complete with red pulls on the bottom. I'm also having them make a weight bag to hold all my shot pouches.

I've been thinking about getting custom made weight pockets. The Halcyon trim pockets are twenty something a pocket which is too expensive. All I need is something that has a loop through which you can slide 2" webbing, pocket that holds a 3-5lbs hunk of lead, and a closure with velcto or a clip so you can remove the weight to ditch it. I believe in ditchable weight but I don't think you need a "ripcord" system that dumps a bunch really fast. That sounds like a highspeed trip to the surface and possible embolism.

Scoobydave, personal message me with the details of what the pockets are like and maybe I could buy a couple off you. I'll throw in some of what Halcyon was trying to extort out of me. You could start Scoobydave's Pocket Company with prices that cheap.

Gentlemen,

Pls keep me in the loop. I'm also looking for inexpensive weight system.

thanks.

safe diving.

Deep_ocean

Sorry for the delay in replying - I've been talking with the guy who made my pockets to see if he's interested in making a bulk quantity. Right now he's hedging but I hope to sway him. I'll keep you informed.

Back
Top Bottom