To TLD or not to TLD ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fins1

Registered
Reaction score
Well i decided on the Zeagle Ranger for my first BC. Do i want the TLD or just plain? Are the add ons worth the extra cash? Thanks Komi

I recently bought the Zeagle Ranger BC - and I am absolutely delighted with the performance.

I have the rear weight trim pouches, which run anywhere from $30-40, depending where you buy them. The Ranger LTD comes with these already, so there's a reduction in the cost spread. And, I heartily recommend them.

The other addition to the LTD is the Lumbar Pad. I don't have one on mine, but I could see where it would further keep the package secure. Since there isn't any hard plate on the back (only the tank), you don't need it for comfort by any means. So decide on whether you need one. If you do, spring for the LTD and get the pad and the rear trim pouches.

I have to say, the Ranger is one marvelous BC. I dove with 4 other BC's and wasn't comfortable how any of them fit. I am tall, and have a long torso, and found the other BC's restricted me a lot. With the sizing flexibility on the Ranger, I'm very comfortable in and out of the water. I also find it to be very streamlined in the water once trimmed out properly - the rear pouches helped in that area.

The short answer to your question: You will want the rear trim pouches. The lumbar is a personal choice (I didn't). I bought the Ranger rather than the LTD. Add up the options, decide if you need them, and compare total cost.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Thanks Dave
I went ahead and ordered the TLD. I also ordered a pouch that holds a can of spare air. Can't wait to get it and get it wet. Thanks for the help.
Komis

You made a good choice then - the standard Ranger doesn't come with the zipper attachment point for the spare air pocket. Hope you enjoy it.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom