Diving with cops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaPete

Reaction score
Im going diving with a few cop budies of mine tomarrow morning. Would it be inapropriate to bring a box of donuts and roles for breakfast?

There will be four of them....will 2 boxs be enough?:cop:

Hehe :D that was so funny. I've never heard a joke about cops and doughnuts before.

You know Pete, she's not as tame and docile as she looks :eek:ut:

We always have fun with our officers on the team when we have a call or are doing some training. I gotta say that in the last two years I have gained a lot of respect for them! It would be tough having people dislike you because your doing your job.

Im actualy looking into becoming a cop or fire fighter. The only bad part about being a fire fighter in our comunity is that you have to be a parametic too. And Im just not ready for that.

Today I was given the opertunity to get and train a cadaver dog for our search and resque team but I think Im gonna pass it up. I just cant do it right now and it wouldnt be fair to the team or the dog

Maby in a couple years

One of my dive buddies is a cop ...

He's in my DM class, training for Harbor Patrol. Dude's so friggen' healthy I don't think he'd be caught in the same room with a donut ... good diver though ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If you are diving with cops, remember to bring a few things. 1. extra handcuff key you never know when you might get handcuffed, and it's hard to retrieve your second stage handcuffed. 2. copy of miranda rights (don't let him try to tell you that you have to forfeit all your dive gear) 3. handbook on police terminology (e.g., 'Suspect' (that's you), 'The Blue Line' (you're not behind it), 'Bail' (basically all the dive money you ever saved, if your buddy catches you with that bag of ....) ) 3. Doughnuts chocolate ones with nuts sprinkles don't buy cheap hope this helps:) zeN||

If you're joking, it is kind of funny, but I wouldn't. When your in law enforcement, you pretty much don't want to be thinking/ talking/ doing anything law enforcement on vacation. Probably the toughest thing about being a cop is NOT being a cop when you're off-duty.
Who knows, they might think it's funny, but imagine if they don't. My dad once told me that he went into a store, and there were a lot of cops in there, and he joked by saying light-heartedly "Gee, the donuts must be really good here?" Well, after about 10 "I otta kick your ass" looks, he realized the donut jokes are played out. Actually, I thought it was pretty funny.

Instead, when you first meet them why not ask them if they want to buy a little weed?

:guitar:

Hehe if they can't take a joke about donuts, then they take themselves waaaaaaaaay too seriously.

I would find a picture of a donut on the internet, then find one of a big fish, and merge the 2 together with a little PHOTSHOP LUV!!!!

Then print it out, and bring some extra copies....and when you all start geting suited up and talking about the dive plan, tell them you found out on the internet about this really cool fish that inhabits the local waters.....and whip out the picture of the *Donut Fish*.

That ought to get a few laughs out of them!

:)

Brules

Hi Pete,

Sure, take the doghunts but make sure they're the good ones like
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and don't forget the Coffee.

Bottom line, if they are good people they'll think it funny. If they have had a bad week, it may not be funny. Most cops, of which I'm one, take it pretty light hearted when teased about doughnuts ..

No matter what you do, be safe, have fun.

Randy:D

Back
Top Bottom