SS Plate on HTS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainsey

Registered
Reaction score
I have looked at the Hollis web page and still un clear if a backplate i.e aluminium or stainless steel can be mounted on the back of the HTS for single tank use. Can anyone clarify this. ALso, is the sizing on the Hollis site for the HTS sizes in a wet suit or ones normal on dry land sizing.

Cheers

I have looked at the Hollis web page and still un clear if a backplate i.e aluminium or stainless steel can be mounted on the back of the HTS for single tank use. Can anyone clarify this. ALso, is the sizing on the Hollis site for the HTS sizes in a wet suit or ones normal on dry land sizing.

Cheers

Hi Rainsey,

Thanks for the questions.

Mounting a backplate on the HTS is easy, but my first question is whether you have the HTS or HTS2? The configuration for both is different and the second does not require a backplate.

Sizing is appropriate for those wearing a dry/wet suit.

SIZE / HEIGHT / WEIGHT / CHEST / WAIST
SM / 5'2"-5'7" / 120-155 / 30-40" / 30-38"
MD / 5'7"-5'11" / 150-185 / 34-44" / 32-40"
LG / 5'11"-6'2" / 180-210 / 38-48" / 34-42"
XL / 6'2"-6'5" / 195-240 / 40-50" / 38-46"

Thanks,

Nick,

Thanks for the reply. Have not got any harness yet. The reason I was asking was that a reseller was selling off new but over stocked gear cheap and they happen to have a Small HTS for a very good price. Not sure if it is a HTS or HTS2 though. Is there an easy way to identify the two?

Cheers

Rainsey

I too am looking at the HTS. However, I dive single LP 95's and heard that I should use a plate if I am gonna use steel tanks. Is this correct? If so, will my current Dive Rite plate work? Also, what is the difference between the HTS and HTS 2? I only saw one at the shop and don't know which it was.

Thanks,

I too am looking at the HTS. However, I dive single LP 95's and heard that I should use a plate if I am gonna use steel tanks. Is this correct? If so, will my current Dive Rite plate work? Also, what is the difference between the HTS and HTS 2? I only saw one at the shop and don't know which it was.

Thanks,

Thanks for the questions. The biggest difference between the HTS and HTS 2 is the ability to mount a single tank using an S series wing without the need for an STA or backplate. Besides a few cosmetic differences, we have also added a carry handle and modified the QLR buckle and webbing to allow easier shoulder adjustment.

Your single LP 95's will work without using a backplate, however we have had customers mount our aluminum plate on the rear for additional stability especially when using those larger tanks. You will of course want to measure the distance between cam slots on your plate to confirm whether the bands will align correctly with the HTS 2 kit.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom