Guardian vs. MK reg chamber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Does the guardian reg allow exhaled air to be separated from the incoming air like the AGA MK? (I understood this scheme was to minimize freezing from moist exhales).

The answer to your question is yes and slightly no.

DSC_0096.jpg

The 2nd stage has a port in the top, (see the photo and just right of the word top) that when attached into the mask, directs the incoming breath to be channeled up (see the slots at the bottom of the clear plastic) & across the face-mask and then through the two one-way disc valves and into the mouth & nose.

Some of the incoming breath does go directly to the mouth and nose and a slight amount gets around the inter seal. Please see the words some and slight.

I believe thus regulator will NOT freeze. I recently used it in 32F water. My reg was the ONLY setup that did not free flow that day. My setup is a sherwood first stage and the guardian FFM. My first stage was completely encased in 1/8 thick ice and still no free flow problems.

Good to hear. There seems to be more plastic in the innards and its been simplified a lot.
I only dive my mask in the winter and was hoping they kept chambers separate to avoid any potential condensation build up on the seat.

Back
Top Bottom