Sharm dive resort/hotel recommendations please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rabbie

New
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm going Sharm in Sep for a few weeks to do my advance course, and day trips on boats for diving 1-3 times p/d.

i'm needing a dive resort that has its own hotel, or a separate hotel at least. all advice welcome.

i prefer to go through recommendations, which is why i am here.

thanks in advance guys.

rabbie

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza last year and dived with the hotel's dive centre Millenium divers who were first class, the hotel is right on Middle/Near garden and as we did not need a guide we could dive almost any time we wanted on the house reef, also did the Thistlegorm, Woodhouse, Jackson etc but cannot remember the costs.
Off back in 5 weeks and staying at the Rosetta this time as we wanted to be nearer Naama bay for the evenings but we will go and see Millenium first for diving as we got a really good deal last year, also dont wanna be sat on a boat for hours to go to reefs you can dive from the shore.

There are many options in Sharm and most of the hotel have a dive centre. Not all of them though offer a beach dive so you may want to check that.
The accommodation ranges from basic to luxury so you need to decide what is your budget first and then you can decide on the location
It is worth considering that some dive operations (I work for one of those few) offer departures from Travco as well as from Sharks Bay which means it will not take you one and half hour to go to Tiran and you will be as close as possible to the southern side to go to Ras Mohammed and be one of the first boats.
In terms of house reef beach diving I would recommend you for a good dive actually Naama Bay over Shark's Bay or any of the garden. It does offer more unusual encounters and you have at least 4 different dives you can do.
As I work for one of the operators I am biased but the best thing to get a good price is to prebook. With us you can get as low as 18 Euro per dive on a pre booked package
If you want send me a PM for more info

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom