Dual AF-35 strobes, adding Pro V8 video lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Kreider

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, so I love my dual AF35 strobes with my Canon G10. It's a great strobe set-up for pictures, but not so much for lighting video.

I want to "some-how" add two Pro V8 lights to this rig. So I'd have two AF-35 strobes and two V8 lights on the same rig. I'm OK with ugly & cumbersome, but functional.

Currently for video I have two focus lights bungied onto the tray. But the V8s would be a mega improvement in output.

I know that I could bite the bullet and just buy two DS161 and get both strobe and video lighting, but my wife would never go for that cost, and yes, she runs the house.

Thanks for any creative ideas!

OK, so I love my dual AF35 strobes with my Canon G10. It's a great strobe set-up for pictures, but not so much for lighting video.

I want to "some-how" add two Pro V8 lights to this rig. So I'd have two AF-35 strobes and two V8 lights on the same rig. I'm OK with ugly & cumbersome, but functional.

Currently for video I have two focus lights bungied onto the tray. But the V8s would be a mega improvement in output.

I know that I could bite the bullet and just buy two DS161 and get both strobe and video lighting, but my wife would never go for that cost, and yes, she runs the house.

Thanks for any creative ideas!

Check out the "Neck Ball adapter AC-NB" from Ultralight Control Systems. You probably have to get the "BA-IK" (also from ulcs) as well. With this you can attach video lights on indvidual arms. It should be compatible with your Ike housing and arms, clamps etc(I've been using it with several Ike D-SLR housings for years), but I guess it's always best to check with ULCS prior to placing an order.

/Peter

Back
Top Bottom