Fun Club Activities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bionicdiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to plan some interesting and fun dive activities at a local quarry for our dive club. I have heard of poker runs and navigation type activities, but I was thinking of doing a scavenger or treasure hunt. I dont have the details worked out yet, but I have plenty of time for that.

Does anyone have any ideas (and details) for some fun diving activities that they would be willing to share?

Thanks!

Our club does an annual underwater scavenger hunt. Local dive shops, dive sites and divers donate prizes. Buddy teams are given a list of items they need to find, such as a fin or bouquet of flowers (artificial, of course). These items are placed at the dive site in various places, some easily visible others you have to "search" for. The items have multiple tags (plastic caution tape cut into strips). When the team finds the item, they pull a tag and leave the rest for the next group. In our case, the hunt lasts from 11-1 PM. The divers have to be out of the water and checked in by 1. At check in, the number of tags you've collected are counted. The prizes are laid out on a table and the buddy team with the most items collected gets first pick, then the next and so on until even the team who came in last gets a turn. Then it begins again. Usually we have enough stuff donated that each team gets at least two chances to pick something. A new diver has just as much fun as a seasoned diver. The divers who place the items usually work as safety divers or will accompany a new diver buddy team. We have a bbq or potluck lunch and everyone shares their stories of the day.

Hope this helps. It's something we all look forward to doing. Oh, and if you are a member of the dive club you have free admission if not you have to pay a minimal activity fee. This helps promote membership and recruit new members.

Underwater Geocashing is cool! Or a Scavenger hunt? A navigational poker dive! You set up 5 different stations with different colored chips and have them cash them in once found for dry cards high hand wins! I would give everyone a sheet with the directions and distance and they have to copy onto slate and stagger the start of each team so you don't get followers! Also start the other half the opposite direction! It can get fun at #3! But that is part of it!

You can do an easter egg hunt since Easter is coming up. Get those plastic eggs and fill them with dirt. If you drill holes into them they will fill with water faster and stay put better.

There is also the traditional pumpkin carving dive, underwater christmas tree decorating.

Scavenger hunts without maps are always fun because then there is more random luck involved. :) Good luck with your club games!

Underwater cleanup with prizes for "Most Unusual," "Most Items," "Most Weight," etc. It's great for the diving areas and fun competition for divers.

Peace,
Greg

Wow...great ideas! I think I just found four activities that we can use. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom