SP twin jets - spring options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theduckguru

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking to dump the straps on a pair of twin jets for springs. Seems to be options for direct replacement of strap with male buckle, which then begs the question what then do you do if the female buckle breaks.

Looking for source for female buckle and/or suggestions for spring straps.

Good call, spring straps are the best way to go. I have attached a couple photos of different ones you can get at LeisurePro, both have metal pins that just crimp together with pliers, and will last a long time with no worries about coming loose. I don't recommend ones that have plastic connectors.

Attachments

• DSC_1817.jpg
    DSC_1817.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_1818.jpg
    DSC_1818.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 48
Good call, spring straps are the best way to go. I have attached a couple photos of different ones you can get at LeisurePro, both have metal pins that just crimp together with pliers, and will last a long time with no worries about coming loose. I don't recommend ones that have plastic connectors.

What brand is it?

I have SP fins and just repaced my straps with XS brand springs. All metal. No plastic left. I got mine at the LDS. They even installed them (not that that is a big issue). Havent dove with them yet, but I cant wait!

The worst part of any dive is getting my damn fins on!!! :)

http://www.xsscuba.com/spring_straps.html

I have XL Fins w/ Size 10 boots on the drysuit...I used a medium length

Last edited:
XS Scuba are very nice in my opinion also - solid, compatible with all types of fins, and the mount is very robust (nothing to bend, just a screw with a teflon-locking nut).

Back
Top Bottom