Miflex Hose On DC2 1st Stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EllieCee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Has anyone actually done this? When I try to fit one, it appears that the recess on the 1st stage body isn't wide enough, and without forcing it, the nut of the hose looks like it starts fouling the 1st stage body before it seats home properly. Has anyone actually fitted one without damaging either the 1st stage, or the nut of the Miflex hose?

Thanks, Ellie

Hi,

Has anyone actually done this? When I try to fit one, it appears that the recess on the 1st stage body isn't wide enough, and without forcing it, the nut of the hose looks like it starts fouling the 1st stage body before it seats home properly. Has anyone actually fitted one without damaging either the 1st stage, or the nut of the Miflex hose?

Thanks, Ellie

Ellie, are you taking a HIGH Pressure hose from the First Stage or a Low Pressure to your regulator?

Marc Findlay

Its the low pressure port to the regulator.

Ellie

Ellie, I am going to be trying to do the same thing but with a Omni Swivel. I do have a High Pressure MiFlex hose to the DC2 and a brass pressure gauge. I will post my results as soon as my LDS is able to take delivery of my Omni Swivel.

Sorry I can't help at this time.

Marc Findlay

Hi Marc,

To get the Miflex HP hose to fit, did you have to force it at all? After your previous message, I tried a HP hose and came across the same fouling of the 1st stage body problem, but possibly less so than the LP port, but nevertheless the hose will definitely not screw all the way in by hand.

Ellie

Ellie,

I just picked up my Miflex, and Swivel from the LDS last night. I talked with oe of the people at the LDS who is very experienced and he said he hadn't heard of any issues. He then put my DC2 together with a LP and a HP Miflex and he had no issues. He said that the threads should all be universal. He also suggested that a call to Hollis might be in order.

Hope this helps,

Marc

Hi Everyone,

The DC2 was designed using the standard fitting available at the time. At the design phase, MiFlex was not an option, and our best assumption would be that if an aftermarket hose was created that it would be compatible. As a few stated earlier, there are adapters available which will make this configuration work. However, the supplied standard hose and fitting is so far still the best option.

Hope this helps.

I have a DC2 first stage with two Miflex LP hoses coming off of it to supply my primary and backup second stages. I know what you are talking about in regards to the recessed area of the DC2 preventing the hose from becoming fully engaged. My hoses fit into the recess and snug properly without fouling but it is tight with not much room for error. You should be fine assuming the DC2 was drilled and tapped in the center of that recessed area. You will probably end up with 1/2 of the nut going down into the recessed area with the other half still extending above it to allow you to fully tighten or loosen the hoses. Hope that helps.

Hi Everyone,

The DC2 was designed using the standard fitting available at the time. At the design phase, MiFlex was not an option, and our best assumption would be that if an aftermarket hose was created that it would be compatible. As a few stated earlier, there are adapters available which will make this configuration work. However, the supplied standard hose and fitting is so far still the best option.

Hope this helps.

I allso have one of the DC2 regs. What adapters are needed to get the myflex hoses to work?

I have no problem threading the Miflex into my dc2.

My question for others going to Miflex- Do you bother fighting with the rubber covers for the nuts/hardware (moving them off the stock hoses and onto the Miflex), or just leave the hardware exposed?

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom