Snow in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cudachaser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Here in Cocoa Beach we just had a brief 30 min snow shower! Now the temp dropping like a rock! It's going to be few weeks before I'm back in the water!

Joe

Here in Cocoa Beach we just had a brief 30 min snow shower! Now the temp dropping like a rock! It's going to be few weeks before I'm back in the water!

Joe

They got some "quality" snow north of Gainesville I'm told and it's sticking.

You could always come visit us.

KABC-7DAY_LA_w450.jpg

I live about an hour north of Tampa and woke this AM to sleet. (I have been a life-long Florida resident and I have been told "snow dont bounce.")

No snow, but we've got our citrus trees covered and are bracing for a predicted 12 hours of sub-28 degree temps. Unfortunately, citrus is a problem with under 28 degrees for more than four hours. We may be buying California oranges later this year!

Debersole-- Yep that is a MAJOR industry here! Oranges and Cows! Talked to a grove owner the other day said he hit low 20's for 8.0 hrs the that night. Migrant workers were everywhere picking like mad for juicing oranges. No meat oranges for him in that grove. :( Gonna hurt a already bad economy locally here.

We know of people flying from the Great White North (Canada) to FL to escape the cold. Instead of finding warm weather, they see freezing temps. Well, at least it's not -20, but still disappointing.

Torontonian, when I am next in Toronto I'll look you up and we'll go diving up there. Have drysuit will dive.

Torontonian, when I am next in Toronto I'll look you up and we'll go diving up there. Have drysuit will dive.
Hi iztok.

Actually, I don't dive in Toronto area, or anywhere in Ont. for that matter. I don't like the cold (yeah, you wonder why I live in Toronto), don't have drysuit or (rental) 7mm. The coldest I've dove had been at Dutch Spring, PA, Catalina Island, CA, and La Bufadora, MX, all using 7mm. I like the diving, but not the cold there.

But Toronto is a great city. One of the few large cities in N. America that is clean, safe, easy to navigate, very multicultural with great food and friendly people, etc.

Hope the cold weather doesn't do too much damage to the oranges. We drink a lot of orange juice from FL.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom