budget for 1 week sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sonar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys,

Since I cant afford a live-a-board trip this winter I am looking around to maybe visit sharm-el-sheik for a week or so. Before going in details I am simply wondering what kind of budget I need for this.

I would like to:
- visit Ras
- Dive ~3 times a day
- often with nitrox
- need to rent all gear
- just fundives

Regarding accommodation I would like a simple place thats clean and with a fan. Dont (really) care for all-inclusive stuff. Wanna be at walking distance from the shore and possibly nightlife. Regarding food I prefer local places. Like to drink beers and maybe visit a club one or two times

Basically budget style+ all and all

Suggestions for places and diveshops are welcome of course

thx in advance

I don't think that would be cheaper than a liveaboard.

One good option in my opinion is to go for a three days liveaboard out of Sharm, then head north to Dahab where you can find budget accommodation. This will save you money while offering excellent diving. PM me if you need help with that.

Emperor divers do cheap packages with the bay view hotel that is basic but in Naama
However am not sure that will actually work cheaper than a liveaboard

I also work here in Sharm - I don't generally advertise my dive centre here in the forums but you can certainly get a package that will fulfill all of that cheaper than a safari boat and we give out nitrox for free. PM for details and you can compare with the others and make your own mind up.

I can't really speak for the hotels but I always found it easiest to book a package deal when I used to come here on holiday. 4* B&B type place - All Inclusive is not always great and there are plenty of places to eat here, and cheaply, if you know where to go. You can't go wrong with our hotel! :D

Cheers,

C.

Back
Top Bottom