Fins for someone with a high instep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmg8223

Reaction score
I have a really high instep and a weird bone on the top of my foot and ended up with two huge holes in my feet during my last dive/research trip. I sometimes do 3-4 dives a day 300-400 dives a year, so I need a really durable fin. Wanted to know if anyone has had the same problem and can make a suggestion.

Please don't suggest any split fins- I don't like them. I just want a basic blade. Also, I am a petite women 5'4" and 110- the rubber XS power fin, classic hog fin, and scuba pro jet fins are way too big for me. I wish they'd make them in women's sizes- been waiting for several years!

When Lobster diving (6 dives/day) I had problems with chafing my toes raw at dive 3 or 4, when it first happened I duct taped my feet over the problem area, which worked. For a long term fix I bought a pair of dive socks to wear in my boots and it fixed the problem. The socks let the feet slide a little so the boot doesn't abrade the skin.

My dive buddy says the duct tape fits my character better.

Bob

Some of the Force Fins are sold with a comfort instep option - including the Original.

Force Fin SCUBA fins

If you want to share your fins with others, you have a high, bony instep, or other special fit needs, then Adjustable Force Fins are great for you!

They aren't exactly what I'd call a basic blade though.

If you use Force Fins SD-1 Military Fin, it is a Basic Blade. The foot pocket is made to fit anyones foot as it is adjusted by the diver. I have two pair and I love them.
I have dived with a drysuit in Alaska and a 3mm Boot in Bora Bora with the same fin.

You also might consider the Flying Force Fins - they have a cutout on the top - so there is nothing to rub against your instep.

PS - They are on sale at 30% off until tomorrow - with a 30 day guarantee - use them for 30 days and if you don't like them - return them for a full refund.

if you don't like splits you will probably not like the Flying Force, not a split, but has similar feel. I would recommend the SD-1, Excellerating or the new Hockey Fin, although right now the Hockey fin is only available in size XXL so it will be of no use to you yet.

Power Fins have a higher instep than Jet Fins.

I have a pretty high instep and have never had a problem with my Scubapro Jet Fins. There are no fins more durable than Jets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom