Does anyone know of any bargain boat trips in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cougar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, I admit it...I've been spoiled rotten by $45 two-tank dives in Cozumel. Everyone here seems to want a fortune. (I'm in Kihei on Maui right now) Has anyone encountered any good bargains. At these prices I'll be destitute. I've been shore diving but the vis is terrible and the waves make me nauseous. Then I have to drag 4 thousaand pounds of equipment up a slope through the sand...ugh...I want some boat dives I can afford! Any suggestions?

Try http://www.divingmaui.com/

When I was looking for dive operators, they seemed to be the cheapest. I don't know anything about them though. They advertise a 2 tank boat trip to Molokini for like $90, which isn't too bad. $45 won't get you on many SNORKEL cruises in Maui, forget about a dive charter at that price.

You have to consider the fact that you're in Maui, where everything is expensive. If you have some time to kill, you might want to check out one of those 'discount tour' places that give you huge price breaks if you attend a timeshare presentation. Barefoot's Cashback Tours in Lahaina gives decent discounts and doesn't require the timeshare presentation, however I don't know which (if any) dive tours they offer. If you are looking for something in the $45-50 range, the timeshare presentation is probably the only way to go.

Just remember that most of the time, you get what you pay for :)

Most two tank dives are 100 bucks. The days of extended discounts for timeshare presentation are over. The timeshares now pay you a flat fee of 100 bucks. I did 5 of them in two days when I was last there. Never spent over an hour at any of them since I was upfront and told them I was there for the money only.

So that was 5 free two tank dives.

You can get local prices if you do repeat business which means a discount of 10 to 25 bucks. But they'll have to know you.

They have full boats over there and no reason to discount.

The cheapest package deal I found was Lahaina Divers out of Lahaina. They do a 3 X 2 package (2 tank trip to Molokini, 2 tank trip to Lanai and 2 tanks Turtle reef [west Maui] and unlimited tanks for shore dives all for $300. While it is considerably more than what you would pay in Cozumel, you can cram alot of good diving into three days.

Hi, Cougar!

We're heading off to Cozumel for the holidays this year, so are looking forward to seeing what "cheap" dives are all about. We've dived Maui about 10 times and have no ideas for you. If you just hate to spend the $$$, you're on the best shore diving island almost anywhere.

Going down! :thumb:
Eric

Back
Top Bottom