Pole Spear Seminar and a fun evening

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanEd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
For the last 2 years I have given pole spear leactures at the Spearfishing Symposium in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I wanted to get this current information out to as many people as possible so I have combined the two lectures and updated the information. I am going to give the lecutre, for FREE, at ScubaWorks in Jupiter, Fl. on the evening of Thursday the 21st starting at 7 PM.

I know there are a lot of people out there who have used pole spears or would like to know more about them so this is your chance to find out all the different ways a pole spear can really be used. We will cover everything from all the different types, to how they can be used, to different tips, tricks & techniques. We will also discuss ways to customize your pole spear for maximum effect and everything from there to how to use a pole spear for blue water hunting such species as tuna.

It should be an interesting and fun evening so if you have the time, come join me.

Last edited:
I would love to attend but can't get back to Sarasota in time for next day's work. My 12 year old likes pole spears better than guns, and actually I think every kid should start with a pole spear before they get a speargun. If you get over this way let me know. If you are going to give the talk at the Blue Wild then we will see you later this year.

Sorry you won't be able to make it. I occasionally give lectures over then, but have none planned at the moment.

Tonight is the night of the Pole Spear Seminar. Looks like a great turn out. I will have 8 or 9 different types of pole spears there, grouped into 3 different categories. We will also discuss ways to customize your pole spear and how to use pole spears for Blue Water Hunting.

Hope to see you at ScubaWorks in Jupiter tonight.

I hope your seminar went well. I was just curious if there was anything in print? My husband is interested in getting some information in re: pole spearfishing for our trip to Eleuthera in a few weeks. He has pole spearfished (not even sure that's a word) before and has been very successful. He is now looking for information in the best equipment (tips, etc.) and he has made his own pole spears. He's looking for information on the best tiomes to hunt and the best fish in that area (Bahamas). Can anyone help us out? He's certified PAIDI and has been for over 35 years. Me... not so much.. I'm too freaked out to even take the certification test.. that's another post...but seriously.. I have been scouring the internet trying to find him information and I am having NO SUCESS!! Thank you for your time... :help:

StevieD:

I have answered your PM. I will help you and your husband in any way I can. There is nothing as far as a text, just my outline and pictures, but taken without the content they don't mean much. I will answer any questions that I can so have your husband send me a PM.

The reason that I am giving these seminars is because there is not a lot of information out there on Pole Spear hunting.

Back
Top Bottom