Tank Painting Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBrett22

Lionfish Slayer
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay everyone I have a question where or how can I paint my tank because I am getting my first Aluminum 80 just plain and I would like it to be black anyone know where or how I can do this “For Cheep”???

:D THANKS!!! :D

I Live in Broward County FL if that helps you in any way. :cool2:

Have you bought it yet? I have two AL 80s that are two years old. O2 cleaned in hydro and visual that I'll sell you for $200 for both. They are the natural aluminum color. Sorry, I don't know about where to get them painted.

No i am getting them tomorrow i have a gift card to the dive shop with enough money on the card to get the tank sorry.... I wish i knew where to get them painted

the general consensus here on SB is do not do it. you can not use any heat process and the paint will not stick for very long and will look worse than before you started.

I was going to ask would it be better just to leave it bare and i will just leave it bare then thanks!!

Have you considered Scuba Hides at about $10?

Scuba Hides by Ego Jester Designs

how_they_work.jpg

No but those seem cool

I found product specifically designed to strip paint from aluminum-Aircraft Paint remover

As said before, DO NOT heat treat your cylinders. Also, no not remove any metal. I.e sanding with a belt sander. chemical removes work the best

Steve W

I decide just to buy the tank and put some cool stickers on it :D:dork2:

Attachments

• PICT2269.jpg
    PICT2269.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 74
  • PICT2270.jpg
    PICT2270.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 57
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back