Speargun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ems_is_4_me

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok everyone I am looking to buy a spear gun but don’t really know what I need. I live in Oklahoma so it will be used for the lakes I most likely will not but going to the big blue for some time. So anyone know what size I may need a good spear gun for the money. Anything would help.

Ok everyone I am looking to buy a spear gun but don’t really know what I need. I live in Oklahoma so it will be used for the lakes I most likely will not but going to the big blue for some time. So anyone know what size I may need a good spear gun for the money. Anything would help.

http://makospearguns.com/why_railguns.php

Mako would definitely be better than Riffe for your application. The key aspect is size. Most likely you'll be hunting in low visibility situations. Whatever gun you get, I would suggest sticking with something 42" or under.

Ditto John P. If you are hunting in low viz don't buy a long gun. I use a Cressi Sub pneumatic in our lakes and it does the job for a budget gun. I have also used it on smaller fish offshore. You also will have to decide between a band gun and a pneumatic. My son also uses a small 2 band JBL gun and has had good luck with it.

Dive Sports has their spear guns (and about everything else ) on sale for 50% off.

I picked up a new JBL Woody Magnum there today for half price :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom