sunnto companion computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Companion does not have a user changeable battery so instructions will probably not be in the user manual. If I am remembering the right model, it uses a 1/2 aa battery similar to the Favor. I have changed several Favor batteries (also not user changeable), and it is a bit tricky. One has to be very careful about resealing. Google Suunto Companion battery change, and see what pops up.

The Companion does not have a user changeable battery so instructions will probably not be in the user manual. If I am remembering the right model, it uses a 1/2 aa battery similar to the Favor. I have changed several Favor batteries (also not user changeable), and it is a bit tricky. One has to be very careful about resealing. Google Suunto Companion battery change, and see what pops up.
The search for Suunto Companion battery change comes up empty. I have bought the battery, but unsure of how to take it out and reseal it up properly. Could you advise? Much appreciated!

Would you post a photo of the back of the computer so that I know if we are talking about the same thing. You might also try googling Suunto Favor battery change.

I have bought the battery, but unsure of how to take it out and reseal it up properly. Could you advise? Much appreciated!

One course of action might be to find a local business with some expertise in changing the battery, paying them to change it, and asking if they can tell you what's involved. If it seems daunting, you have saved yourself a lot of grief.

If it seems straightforward or involves an inexpensive specialized tool, you can change it yourself in the future.

I'd be leery of servicing an item somewhat critical to successful diving without a lot of confidence I knew what I was doing...

Send it to a Suunto dealer. You need the right tools and knowledge to replace batteries. I know it sucks to send the watch away, but on the long run it is better. I would rather spend an couple of $ more, and have the comfort in knowing it will not break or leak. They test the watch with some gas to check for leaks.

Suunto.jpg Sorry it took so long to get the picture. Looks like the electronics are embedde in some sort of gel (silicone?) I don't see any o-rings. Thanks.

That looks different than the Solution and Favor batteries that I have changed. I would contact a dealer or Suunto for advice. The reason I began changing my own batteries, is that I could not find a dealer who would tackle the change.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom