Pompano accommodations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAl

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello SE Florida divers, 3 rebreather divers(2 inspiration 1 meg)if it matters:)
are going to be in the Pompano Beach area Feb 11-15th. Wondering if there are any suggestions for accommodations.
Last year stayed a few days at Ronny Dee's not too bad, but rooms kind of dark and on the small side. Is there anything in this general area the is clean and not overly priced(cheap divers).
I have also stayed at the "Sands Harbor" hotel and found it to be pretty run down.

Thanks, Al

Most of the hotels in that area of Pompano are a bit on the old side, if you are willing to go a couple of miles north Lauderdale by the Sea has some pretty nice places.
Lauderdale-by-the-Sea Accommodations
Ok One, you do realize that even the canniest of rebreather divers will wind up at Don's Bar-B-Que in Pooler, GA before they realize that they should have gone south to Lauderdale-by-the-Sea.
And none of them are going to survive the northward trek across Antarctica on the way to the tip of Tierra del Fuego. If any of them do, the least you can do is buy them new prosthetic fingers, toes, and noses.

Hello SE Florida divers, 3 rebreather divers(2 inspiration 1 meg)if it matters:)
are going to be in the Pompano Beach area Feb 11-15th. Wondering if there are any suggestions for accommodations.
Last year stayed a few days at Ronny Dee's not too bad, but rooms kind of dark and on the small side. Is there anything in this general area the is clean and not overly priced(cheap divers).
I have also stayed at the "Sands Harbor" hotel and found it to be pretty run down.

Thanks, Al

Flying or driving....? You can use me or Fill Express as a FedEx/UPS drop off point for anything you don't wanna check or take on a plane ride...

Let us know if you wanna do a happy hour with the rest of the scrubs...
Who are your dives booked with...?

-Tim

I stayed at the Beachcomber on a dive trip and it was very comfortable and affordable. Great price for an ocean-view room.

I've been inside the Sands Hotel, and it's kind of crappy.

I live in Lauderdale by the Sea. A few decent places that have reasonable prices are:

Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort (independent hotel, decent, reasonable price)
Lauderdale Beachside (Independent, also reasonable price)

Best Western Beachcomber (in Pompano - not cheap - but nice)

Flying or driving....? You can use me or Fill Express as a FedEx/UPS drop off point for anything you don't wanna check or take on a plane ride...

Let us know if you wanna do a happy hour with the rest of the scrubs...
Who are your dives booked with...?

-Tim

Thanks Tim and everyone for the input. Were driving down, two vehicles. The other two divers are heading back north after the Monday dive. Myself, I will be heading down a couple of days early, stopping the High Spring. Then after they head home I'll bum around for a few more days before beginning my migration north.
Have not contacted a charter yet, really need to get that done. But first call will be to Oliver.

Later, Al

I stayed at the Beachcomber on a dive trip and it was very comfortable and affordable. Great price for an ocean-view room.

I like the Beachcomber too, great rates,you get a deck room you can drag your rigs thru the back way (gate area)neat clean,
tower rooms are the least and the closets are the size of some folks bedrooms for storage but the hassle of dragging equipment thru the lobby.

Mark me down as #5 for the BeachComber recommendation list. Great location, nice pool and side bar, and really close to the boats.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom