Top 10 Masks For Big Heads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,

Can you guys give me your top 10 mask recommendations for big heads/wide brow? I'm interested in getting involved in scuba diving but first need to get some basic gear. I'm on the hunt for a reasonably priced mask (~ $50) that will fit well and give me a wide range of vision. There are plenty of dive shops here ins south Florida so I can probably test what ever you toss at me. I just need a good list to start from to get the most mask for the money.

ScubaPharma

Not only do I have a swelled head and a fat head I have a big head too (8") I like Cressi and anything by Mares. I used to dive the 6 window Mares ESA when they still made them (I had to have 6 of them because they were back at Mares being repaired all the time) but I've found that Cressi makes a wide skirt mask that's just as good, and way less expensive. Mares makes a wide skirt mask that's just as cheap, I've tried the Atomic frameless, and it's wide, but I don't like it as well.

....while the Atomic Frameless masks ain't cheap...$ 100 or so, I have one of those (black-single lens) in my save-a-dive kit, as this mask has fit everyone who's ever had to borrow it...male or female. I have saved entire dive trips for 2 divers who would have been completely SOL otherwise without that mask! ...another good choice, although I'm not sure it's still in production, is the Poseidon 'Modesty' mask (single lens)...it ran something like $ 70...this is yet another mask that I've recommended/loaned to fellow divers who are VERY reluctant to return it, and who immediately buy one or more upon return home...it seems to work for pretty much anyone as well.

...Atomic makes 2 sizes of that mask, so I'll bet one of the Atomics would work for you.

Tusa Visualator Tabata USA, Inc. - NEW : M-14 VISUALATOR [M-14]

I have a fairly wide face and it works well. It has a wide angle of view and clickable detents for the strap.

I've seen them for around $60.

Cressi Big Eyes is another mask that's supposed to be larger. There's about 3 different versions of it at different price points from about $50-80.

Last edited:
I have been told I have a big head, dunno, however, I do like the Mares X Vision but I have owned a lot of masks and the best 100 dollars I ever spent was on an Atomic Frameless.

I think this thing about try them all on etc is a bit over done, most people fall within a range of normalcy and for most people there are many masks that fit and function well.

N

Another vote for Tusa Visualator. I've a pretty big head :D

Although everyones different so just go to a shop and try a few out..

Top 3 (IMO) in general... Atomic masks, Scubapro Crystal Vu, and Scubapro Scout

The Atomic Frameless masks are great masks and do come in 2 sizes, standard or medium. Standard is the larger of the 2. They also make a clear mask for a wider field of vision. They run a little more than your $50 range, but not too much more.

I have same problem and have bought many masks over the years and left unhappy. I now am very happy with a Riffe Coco mask. A USA company and i like their product.

Masks and Snorkels

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom