Where are you???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garvin

Registered
Reaction score
So So.Cal. - Orange County... in the heart of dive
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Sherwood People:

Used your brand new Wisdom 2 computer maybe 12 times. Then it broke for no apparent reason. I had just arrived in Fiji for a Dive medicine conference, was on my first dive of the week when the unit shut down as soon as I hit the agua. Checked the batteries and did all the stuff suggested in the manual. I know I am to return the unit to the dealer, but I was curious about the location of your company and where the product was manufactured. I cannot find any information about you on your site. No address, no corporate contacts, no names, no nothing. What are you... the CIA? NSA? Why do you feel compelled to hide? "Contact" does not list your corporate address, Terms & Conditions, Company History and Legal... again NADA. I would suggest to the CEO/CFO/owner that anyone hiding like this is either doing something governmental, or illegal and trying to conceal something or themselves, or obfuscate for the sake of obfuscation, or simply acting as a-holes. You sell a consumer life support product, so where are you located? Who are you? Who are the principals, engineers and designers? Honestly, I have never seen a legit business on the web so profoundly and deliberately hidden from public view. It is disgusting and should brought to the attention of the dive community.:no:

OMG, I'll bet everyone returns all of the Sherwood equipment now!:wink:

I appreciate the detective work by Scuba Board members to answer my question. Thank you. But my contention remains, a major manufacturer of any product, especially one in which life support is dependent, should feel morally, if not be legally, compelled to identify on their web site their corporate office and perhaps manufacturing location too. I should not have to be required to do a Google search to find them.

That's my drash and I'm a stickin to it!

Gracious all.

Garv
:wink:

P.S. SEMO I am not saying Sherwood manufacturers faulty or poorly constructed gear. Things do happen and I assume they will make good on the faulty computer. I simply see a red flag whenever a company so deliberately and obviously hide themself.

They have a forum here right?

You posted on Sat. afternoon ... give them a chance to get back to work on Monday and maybe they will respond too.

And yes, one of their main facilities (Cramker Decker Industries) is located nearby (Santa Ana - Orange County - CA -USA) ... or at least it was there few months ago when I went there :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Dear Garvin,

Thank you for your inquiry. I am really sorry to hear about your computer. I am going to assume that your frustration in your post about our company is because of your computer frustrations. I can appreciate that.

For the record, our corporate offices are in Santa Ana, CA. We are not trying to hide anything, in our opinion, the location of our office is not the important part of the website; our products and our dealers are the important things that need to be on the website.

As for where the products are manufactured? We have products made all over the world in the best factories for specific products. We are not about to go through and publish where they are; this is a competitive asset to our company. To the best of my knowledge, I am not aware of any dive manufacturer that publishes where each of there factories are either, for these same reasons.

I can go on about why our website is structured the way it is, but I don't think it will help in solving your computer problem. Bottom line is we will help you solve the problems with your computer.

Sherwood Scuba Rep.

They have a forum here right?

You posted on Sat. afternoon ... give them a chance to get back to work on Monday and maybe they will respond too.

And yes, one of their main facilities (Cramker Decker Industries) is located nearby (Santa Ana - Orange County - CA -USA) ... or at least it was there few months ago when I went there :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Thanks Alberto,

I reviewed my original post and could not find any indication that I was expecting an immediate response, especially over the holiday weekend. In fact, I read no urgency in my post. Additionally, I was not aware that Sherwood was located in Santa Ana until Diver Steve responded yesterday on the 17th. Again, my post pertained to the fact that Sherwood's web site does not give a corporate nor mailing address. For the third time, it is my contention that a life support company should clearly identify their corporate location and possibly emergency contacts too. I assume you do not work in any industry in which life support services or equipment exist, such as medical, ems or aviation. Logic dictates the means to contact these entities be readily available or obvious. No where is a contact available or obvious on Sherwood's site save the email contact page or a suggestion to contact the dealers directly. I am curious how you knew the location of their Santa Ana facility. I live nearby and would be happy to drop my gear off directly.
Garv

I'm in Minnesota. Thanks for asking.

Back
Top Bottom