Dive conditions in Sharm in May?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captainmwill

Reaction score
Headed to Sharm with my wife in mid-May. Have 2-3 days for diving and wondering if anyone has any recommendations for where to dive (shops, dive sites, etc) and what conditions are like that time of year.

Ras is a great place! well reccomended! Jackson Reef was good but I seem to recall that a tanker went aground there a couple of weeks back. The Gardens and Temple are good walls and a pleasant drift but you have the Thislegorm if you want a long (and I mean long) boat ride!

Shark & Yolanda Reefs are also well worth a visit - there is a wreck there of an old Italian cargo ship with lots of baths and toliets - worth it for some comedy photos..

I have always used Emperor Divers Sharm El Sheikh General Info - Emperor Divers Red Sea but there are so many dive schools there it should not be too hard to find somewhere.

Ras is a great place! well reccomended! Jackson Reef was good but I seem to recall that a tanker went aground there a couple of weeks back. The Gardens and Temple are good walls and a pleasant drift but you have the Thislegorm if you want a long (and I mean long) boat ride!

Shark & Yolanda Reefs are also well worth a visit - there is a wreck there of an old Italian cargo ship with lots of baths and toliets - worth it for some comedy photos..
The tanker hit Woodhouse reef not Jackson.

Shark and Yolanda reefs are in Ras Mohamed.

Agree about Thistlegorm. It's a long daily boat ride.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom