Diving and Camping Near Tavernier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rzk4sb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I'm trying to plan a dive trip in the keys where I'll be camping in an RV. I'm pretty much set on Conch Republic Divers for the shop but cannot seem to find good campground info on the intertubes. Can anyone recommend a couple of good RV campgrounds in proximity?

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi,

I'm trying to plan a dive trip in the keys where I'll be camping in an RV. I'm pretty much set on Conch Republic Divers for the shop but cannot seem to find good campground info on the intertubes. Can anyone recommend a couple of good RV campgrounds in proximity?

Thanks,
Jeff

From Florida Keys Camping , Travel Information

Key Largo:
Calusa Camp Resort, phone (305) 451-0232
Camper's Cove Trailer Park, phone (305) 451-0561
Capt Jax Resort & RV Park, phone (305) 451-0010
Florida Keys RV Resort, phone (305) 451-6090
King's Campground, phone (305) 451-0010
Largo Park, phone (305) 451-2911
Riptide RV Park & Motel, phone (305) 852-8481
Rock Harbor Marina & RV Park, phone (305) 852-2025
Key Largo Kampground & Marina, phone (305) 451-1431

Islamorada:
Fiesta KOA, phone (305) 664-4922

Key Largo Kampground & Marina, phone (305) 451-1431

When I was down in Largo last October, I visited a lot of the Largo campgrounds that would take RVs.

Most of them were pretty sketchy. More like trailer parks.

I did find that the Key Largo Kampground and Marine was nice and the price for full hook up was reasonable, even if you site came with a slip!

The camp host told me that it was around 50-60% seasonal folks and that they want their quiet.

That is where I would go.

Also, it was too far away from Pennekamp and the Safeway.

Key Largo Kampground Rates

We stayed at Fiesta Key RV Resort in December. It was a little pricey, but really nice. We had a spot that backed up right on the water.
fiestakey.jpg

We stayed at four different places in the keys, and this was the only one pretty much clear of no-seeums. It is about 10 miles from Key Dives location at Islamorada.

We stayed at Fiesta Key RV Resort in December. It was a little pricey, but really nice. We had a spot that backed up right on the water.
fiestakey.jpg

We stayed at four different places in the keys, and this was the only one pretty much clear of no-seeums. It is about 10 miles from Key Dives location at Islamorada.

I love Fiesta Key RV Resort. Very nice place the the only thing is it's out in the middle of no where. MM70 I should know I had a house at MM68 in Long Key. BUT if you want a nice place thats the place for sure.
Becky

Don't forget Pennekamp State Park! It can be hard to get a campsite there on short notice, but it's a nice place to setup an RV while diving the upper Keys.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom