Anyone used this on their reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YiNYaNg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was thinking of putting this on my reg but what do you think about it too? I hate my hose pushing my reg in my mouth.

41GF3HTdHKL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

........I use something similiar on all my regs......the Atomic Aquatics swivel hose.....also, you can switch over to the MIFLEX LP hoses...those are quite popular.

I second the MiFlex hose suggestion -- 86 the swivel.

I have an Atomic B2 (comes with a swivel). However, when the house is charged, the swivel tightens up anyway, and still pushes the reg. I swapped out the swivel for the MiFlex. The MiFlex hoses are still incredibly flexible when charged... no more jaw fatigue...

A few thoughts...

1. 60 to 90 degree elbow will work as well as or better than a swivel but will not add anything more than 1 additional static o-ring. Many of the swivel designs around are prone to leaks and a few to outright failure. Best to be avoided.

2. Proper hose lenght will prevent a hose from pushing or pulling on the reg. If it pushes, you need a shorter one, if it pulls, you need a longer one. In correct hose lenght is the number 1 cause of jaw fatigue.

3. A 5' or 7' long hose willwrap around the neck in a manner that eliminates the push-pull effect - and brings addiitonal gas share benefits. It is not just for technical diving anymore.

4. Miflex hoses are more flexible, and for a single hsose the cost is not all that high. But you still want to get the hose lenght right.

I was considering something like that, but I decided to try the Miflex hose first. Solved the problem completely!

I like MiFlex, too. Proper length is a big issue.

But, to your question....

People will become alarmed soon enough over your intended addition of "additional failure points in your life support gear".

Like everything else, the device must be maintained. Changing out the internal sealing o-rings on a periodic basis would be a great idea.

I'd go with a longer MiFlex hose.... but also waiting for them to figure out how to make a LP hose as thin as their HP hoses.

I like MiFlex, too. Proper length is a big issue.

But, to your question....

People will become alarmed soon enough over your intended addition of "additional failure points in your life support gear".

Like everything else, the device must be maintained. Changing out the internal sealing o-rings on a periodic basis would be a great idea.

I'd go with a longer MiFlex hose.... but also waiting for them to figure out how to make a LP hose as thin as their HP hoses.

I doubt that's possible, the HP hose transmits pressure, whereas the LP hose transmits air.

Adam

The Miflex cured the reg pulling on my jaw. Someone on another thread had a swivel failure. I don't remember if it was on this forum or another.

I plan to order a Miflex hose. What is the best length of a Miflex hose used on a second stage?

I plan to order a Miflex hose. What is the best length of a Miflex hose used on a second stage?
Depends on whether it's on your primary or octo, and how you typically deploy (long hose, standard, etc.).

I don't use a long hose setup. I have a 36" on both, and a 22" on my inflator.

Back
Top Bottom