Time of Year and Organization for travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lagerfran

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
HI, I'm sure everyone does this so I'm going to also. What time of year should I visit the Red Sea?

Also, we want to travel with the organization Learning through Travel, Inc. Has anyone travelled with this organization before?

We want to spend 3 weeks Or more if needed in Egypt. We want to see all the sights so during the hotter time of year of course is not something we would like to do.

As for diving we want to dive in the north and south, utilizing liveaboards. The travel company gives us suggestions to choose from.

So if you want to spend a month in Egypt see the sites Cairo through Aswan AND dive the north and the south WHEN would you go?????

Personal choice - nothing more then a 5mm full suit.

Forgot - if you want the full History as well - do we want to dive in Alexandria?

The hotest months are July and August where the air temp can reach 40 degrees.

The cooler months are December to February where you would probably need more that a 5mm suit if you feel the cold.

May/June would be my choice but I am not sure what you are looking for.

Well we do not want to have major heat while we are touring the pyramids but we don't want the water to be too cold yet. We're from Florida but over 90 can get to you quickly. As for water temp, 78 is starting to get cold for me.

Diving - we want to do the north end and also the Brothers.

It is not normal for a liveaboard to do the Brothers and the northern sites. I would recommend a Brothers trip via liveaboard and the north you can either do a mini safari or go with a local operator from Sharm. Time of year depends on area. In Sharm all the big stuff is around during the summer but it's very hot then and not good if you want to do Cairo and Luxor. Check out some of the liveaboard sites to check the best time for the Brothers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom