See Becky Kagan at UCF, Feb. 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Guys,

I wanted to let everyone know that you are all welcome to attend a presentation by Becky and Dave. The WW footage that isn't yet available to the public will be shown as well as various other diving clips including some wreck and shark footage. They are also bringing gear (megs, dpv's, hd camera gear, etc) for those of you lurkers who might be up and coming in cave diving and want to see what it's all about.

The presentation will be in Classroom 1, Room 104 starting at 7pm on the 4th and there will be no charge except a $5 parking fee. I know many of you will be cutting it close after work, so I'll list nearby places to eat before you come.

If you'd like to grab a food/drinks before or after, UCF has a bar and grill with over 50 beers on tap (link) and the UCF tradition, wakadoos with limited food/drink selection.

If all you want is food, the following is available on campus-
Subway
chick fil a
redbrick
kyoto (japanese)
sushi bar
pasty shop
burger king
sbarro
chinese place (don't remember the name)
qdoba (mexican)
Knightros cafeteria (good food, not your typical cafeteria--all you can eat)
einsteins
smoothie king

Within 5 minutes of campus you have-
applebees
ale house
tgi fridays
boston market
amigos
macaroni grill
firehouse subs
longhorn streakhouse
(and several I can't remember)

Finally, I would like this time to publicly thank David and Becky for their time. They offered us a very reasonable rate that we were able to successfully petition SGA for. This is the first time in the history of dive club to our knowledge we have brought in a guest speaker, and we managed to pull off two within the first 3 weeks of the semester. For those of you who have worked with government agencies, you know what an accomplishment pulling these things off are. For those of you who haven't, wait until the government is running health care (couldn't resist that one)

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Seating is reserved for UCF students first since it's their activity fees paying for this, however we reserved a large room to enable us to invite the community. We have plenty of room for everyone!

Last edited:
Is it the 3rd or the 4th? Becky has it listed on her site as the 3rd. She has some great video and I might be able to make it over for the presentation. Please keep us updated for times and directions.

It will be the 4th. There was some confusion due to the vast amounts of paperwork required by the club with the college, but now it's all been ironed out, and the event is scheduled for the 4th of February at 7:30 pm. It will be held in the Student Union, room number is pending. The Student Union is located in the center of campus. Parking on campus is $5 per car, machines are located on every floor of every garage and take cash but do not give change! I believe they also take credit cards, but I've never used one, I have a parking permit, as a student.

We are all very excited that Becky is coming to speak!

Just got word in that Becky and Dave will be bringing scooters and a Meg CCR to view as well as HD footage. Looking forward to it!

4311178093_91c8fefff8.jpg

Downloadable at this page

You can download the full size image and print it out to show friends! It's set to be an 11x17 image which you should be able to scale down to 8.5x11 without any problems.

Here's the directions-
(campus map)
mapqg.jpg

Here's the view as you pull into campus-
parkhere.jpg

Here's the parking payment stations you'll look for in the corner of the garages-
payl.jpg

Once you're in the stairwell of the garage, here's the view of campus you'll see.
stairst.jpg

Here's a street view on google so you can see the path around campus before you go
Map

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom