Egypt Diving - but not Sharm again.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hillmorton Scubie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have dived in Sharm extensively - many of the sites numerous times, but have never tried any other Egypt locations away from Sinai.
I would like to try a different Egyptian base for our next trip. Could you recommend an alternative town with great boat diving or would you recommend sticking with Sharm.
Thank you

My favorite is Dahab, about 60 miles up the coast from Sharm. Not so touristy - it's been developing over the years but because of regional issues tourism has slowed and so has the development.

Check it out - it has a range of accommodation from hotels like the Hilton through to budget $10 a night rooms. Great wind surfing and kit surfing as well!

Rob, he said "with great boat diving"

You can catch some great boat trips from Dahab AND some of the best Shore dives available. IMHO you get the best of both worlds.

Dahab is in the Sinai region... Hilmorton Scubie said he wanted to change...
Also, even if there might be some boatdiving from Dahab, it is mostly famous for its shore dives...
I would suggest going south, around Marsa Alam, or even better a liveaboard around St Johns. That is excellent diving and different from Sharm.

Dahab is in the Sinai region... Hilmorton Scubie said he wanted to change...

Thank you so much for the kind Geography lesson. :speaknoevil:

IMHO the more options Hilmorton' has the better.

Last edited:
If you had to pick between Marsa Alan , Dahab and St Johns which one would you pick and why? Also when is the best time to visit? Would love to see some hammerheads and hopefullt a whaleshark.
and last question :) Which dive boat or liveaboard would you recommend?

Went to Sharm last summer and was diving along with some snorkelers. Not what I was hoping for :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom