Barnum & Bailey Dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mselenaous

Island girl
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Key Largo, FL... Dive Capital of the World
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Honorary Dork Diver!

Attachments

• drysuitfront.JPG
    drysuitfront.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 238
  • drysuitback.JPG
    drysuitback.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 170
Holy crap thats one "unique" dry suit. Would look great with some red freediving fins and red 2nd stage. HT probably already has a rainbow wig hood! Now if you could make balloon animals underwater..........

WOW! That's an *amazing* suit. (Now I want one... er... two. :biggrin:)
Now if you could make balloon animals underwater..........
Oh, sure, you can make balloon animals underwater. It's much easier if you use water as your inflation fluid, and if you use a modified bilge pump (the hand-operated kind used to bail kayaks would probably work well with an appropriate adapter), inflating the balloons shouldn't be too difficult.

I can think of a few key things to consider. First, obviously you'll have *much* more inertia involved (both inside the balloons and surrounding them), so you'll have to work a bit more slowly. Also, it may be a very good idea to use thicker high-quality balloons, as they should stand up to the abuse better. There may be some additional difficulty due to the potentially lubricating effect of the water on the balloons (making friction-stabilized structure more interesting), but I cannot predict that well considering I've not yet tried this with *any* balloons, much less the particular variety any given Dork Diver may have handy.

I think we're just going to have to do some experimental analysis on this one. Anyone got a kayak bilge pump handy? :D

Back
Top Bottom