X Series 55 Wing- Need longer exhaust hose and inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brahma

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've had my Hollis X-Wing 55 since last September and tried to get a longer exhaust hose for it, which in turn, will definately require a longer inflator hose. Most of my diving is using the single tank adapter with a single tank, but I do plan to get doubles which is why I bought the X-Wing 55 for flexibility. In any event, the exhaust hose is SO SHORT, I can't even get it to my mouth in an emergency (which is ridiculous).

Both hoses apparently the "standard" lengths come with it- 16" exhaust and 22" inflator. My dive shop has kind of dropped the ball and I've contacted Hollis about five times and am on hold so long I give up. I have a VERY expen$ive BC, backplate, backplate pad, harness and weight system that in my mind, are unusable. I've been using my eight year old Aqualung rig while the Hollis holds court in a bedroom closet.

:angrymob:

Any direct help I can get from Hollis would be appreciated- I have a Cozumel excursion coming up soon. Hollis may contact me directly.

Thanks-

B.

Last edited:
I've had my Hollis X-Wing 55 since last September and tried to get a longer exhaust hose for it, which in turn, will definately require a longer inflator hose. Most of my diving is using the single tank adapter with a single tank, but I do plan to get doubles which is why I bought the X-Wing 55 for flexibility. In any event, the exhaust hose is SO SHORT, I can't even get it to my mouth in an emergency (which is ridiculous).

Both hoses apparently the "standard" lengths come with it- 16" exhaust and 22" inflator. My dive shop has kind of dropped the ball and I've contacted Hollis about five times and am on hold so long I give up. I have a VERY expen$ive BC, backplate, backplate pad, harness and weight system that in my mind, are unusable. I've been using my eight year old Aqualung rig while the Hollis holds court in a bedroom closet.

:angrymob:

Any direct help I can get from Hollis would be appreciated- I have a Cozumel excursion coming up soon. Hollis may contact me directly.

Thanks-

B.

Hi Brahma,

The 55 wing is designed for doubles, and it is best suited for that use. The corrugated hose routing while centrally located to avoid interference with regulator/manifold when using it with doubles is still offset and further away from the body than on a single wing. Using such a large wing with a single tank is most likely what is causing the issue of the hose feeling too short. A wing that size will tend to “taco shell” around a single tank and use up some of the hose length. This is because its profile was designed to be used with the wider base of a double tank system.

My first suggestion would be to look at a single tank wing (Hollis Gear: S Series). Although we do carry corrugated hoses in sizes 13-19 inches. P/N on the 19" is 208.1065.019. A longer LPQD hose will be needed as well. We also carry a 30" which is P/N 204.2381.030. These can be ordered through your local Hollis dealer.

Let me know if you need anything further.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom