Right Angle Adapters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ianr33

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just ordered an ATX 50 reg . That will allow me to run that reg straight up from the left tank without having to go over my neck as it currently does. (reg can have the hose attached on the left)

Going to get some adapters for where the hose joins the reg as well. Should I go with 90 degree adapters or 20 degrees (which would be better described as either 70 or 110 degrees)

I dont fancy the idea of swivels.

Edit: Meant to say XTX. Already got 4 ATXs, dont need any more !!

Last edited:
I also dive with the ATX 50 regs but they cant be setup for left side hose routing
I think the XTX 50 can be setup from both sides also Im using right angle adapters
and they really do help.

I just ordered an ATX 50 reg . That will allow me to run that reg straight up from the left tank without having to go over my neck as it currently does. (reg can have the hose attached on the left)

Going to get some adapters for where the hose joins the reg as well. Should I go with 90 degree adapters or 20 degrees (which would be better described as either 70 or 110 degrees)

I like 90s. I have seen swivels fail so often!

Edit: Meant to say XTX. Already got 4 ATXs, dont need any more !!

I went with 20. I can post pics of both 20 and 90 with hoses and regs as soon as I get home if you'd like. :)

karstdvr: Both are solid brass elbows, not swivels. :wink:

Last edited:
elbows1_800x600.jpg

elbows2_800x600.jpg

I use different regs, SP S600's, but the omniswivels have treated me very well. I tried a couple different adapters and didn't care for the rigidity especially when removing tanks.

If you keep good care of the swivels and check them often they are no more likely to fail then anything else IMHO.

If you keep good care of the swivels and check them often they are no more likely to fail then anything else IMHO.

I've seen them fail new out of the box.

They probably will suffice for people diving sidemount configuration versus sidemounting. Where I got through small places,and remove gear,I wouldn't add another failure point to the system.

I've seen them fail new out of the box.

They probably will suffice for people diving sidemount configuration versus sidemounting. Where I got through small places,and remove gear,I wouldn't add another failure point to the system.

If you have to use swivels, take them apart and apply Loc Tite to the threads. This will give you a better chance of not having them fail.

On a personal note, I had one fail just after suiting up one evening at JB. I lost a lot of gas pretty quick, thankfully was in knee deep water doing final checks.

Go with the solid elbows - comfort and they don't fail.

Back
Top Bottom