In the last 12 months ...

• I posted more on scubaboard than I dived

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • I dived more than I posted on scubaboard

Votes: 54 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klausbh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm curious: within the last year, who dived more often than he/she posted on this board and vice versa?

-Klaus

around 150 dives so far this year... but far more posts. Was there a point to this???

While we are trying to find the meaning of this post, here are some numbers to think about. I currently have 4,934 minutes underwater. I have 350 posts, Average 5 minutes per post and that totals to 1750 minutes. I dive more than I post!

You can work the numbers to your favor anytime you like. I have made dives that are 2.5 hours long, I have never made a post that long.

I spend more time reading the posts.
I spend more time dreaming about diving.
I spend more time reading diving books, magazines, etc.
I spend more time wishing I am diving rather than posting.

I knew that many would dislike this poll, and the discussion is part of the point. I merely want to get an impression of whether heavy posters are also heavy divers.

Number of posts is a measure of involvement in scubaboard. Number of dives is a measure of invovement in scubadiving. Granted, neither is THE or even a particularly good measure. However, they are figures everyone keeps track of and that don't require long division.

If you know a better way to address the question (poll or no), please share your ideas.

Obviously regulators will tend to have oodles more posts than dives.

-Klaus

How about a (three week average cubic feet of air consumption / occurences of "stroke" times "troll" in posts you read) poll?

I can do scubaboard at 3am on a weekday, every weekday...

Can only dive two to four dives a week...

Can only eat three meals a day (Or I get fatter...)

Can only get in about 45-50 hours of work a week or I go nuts...

So, I guess everything in moderation...

Back
Top Bottom