Not another snowbird . . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Yes, but they only eat tourists.:D

Make sure you apply for a "locals" card, and they won't bother you!:wink:

I've got an FL License, but I scream with a northern accent so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed. . . I did some searching here and was unable to find any discussion of great whites in FL. . . I mean I know they can be found pretty much anywhere, and have heard accounts of teeth being found when looking for megs in Venice . . . I'm just curious if there is an account of anyone seeing one in FL waters.

I've got an FL License, but I scream with a northern accent so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed. . . I did some searching here and was unable to find any discussion of great whites in FL. . . I mean I know they can be found pretty much anywhere, and have heard accounts of teeth being found when looking for megs in Venice . . . I'm just curious if there is an account of anyone seeing one in FL waters.

Nothing to worry about....

Joel Prouty got the scare of life when he pulled up his long line set off pickles reef in Key Largo.He caught one the biggest sharks ever brought into a Florida port.At 16 ft and an estimted 1500 pounds it is in the top 3 for boat caught shark in Florida.When we found out about the shark we went down to Key Largo found out where Joel worked we intervewed him at the Caribean Club bar and made him an honorary shark club member that year.We now had proof that great whites come in to feed on the reefs.Joel was a humble fisherman he gave us a fat hunk of smoked great white shark to take home.

fotosdeWilliamylosninos001014.jpg

the sharks in Florida you know are there....

it's the Gator that are so freaking big that you have to have a back-hoe to load them that you have to worry about...

3_th1.jpg

the sharks in Florida you know are there....

it's the Gator that are so freaking big that you have to have a back-hoe to load them that you have to worry about...

3_th1.jpg

____ ME!:shocked2:

One of the largest ever caught was taken off Cuba as I recall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom