(x2) SEA & SEA DX-1200 HD still/video camera. One NEW, one used (like new)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaDiverGreg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Up for sale are two SEA&SEA 1200HD cameras. Here's some information on them from their website:

* High definition CCD – 1/1.72-inch primary color CCD with 12.19 effective megapixels (maximum number of recording pixels 12.43 megapixels) and 3x optical zoom lens (35–102 mm).
* Features SEA&SEA mode, a still image mode for optimal underwater photography.
* Several White Balance settings available (Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent, Tungsten, Sunset, Custom) to suit any particular scene.
* Exposure compensation function (±2EV in 0.5EV steps).
* ISO speed can be set up to ISO 3200.
* Movie function up to 1280×720 pixels (HD Video) at 30 frames/second (30 fps).
* 16MB built-in memory. Can record on SD / MMC / SDHC memory cards (up to 8GB).
* Specially designed lithium-ion battery and battery charger included.
* When you turn the retractable cable socket lever, the fiber-optic cable socket slides and is aligned with position of the built-in flash and fixed.
* Flash Light Diffuser function – Effective diffuser that softly diffuses the light of the built-in flash.
* Strong and durable build, with a depth rating of up to 45m / 150ft.

CAMERA #1:
This is one is NEW! The camera is sealed, never used. I just used the underwater housing on 3 occasions (with another camera) and it is in mint condition. The only imperfection are some light hairlines on the screen part of the housing (pictures below in post #2). These are not noticeable at all underwater. This come with the original packaging and every accessory that you would get with it from the factory. It is essentially brand new! I'd like $490 or best offer. It costs $600+ new. Case seals perfectly; not a single leak.
seaandseasale051.jpg

CAMERA #2:
This one is used, but in mint condition! The camera itself is perfect, not a single ding or scratch. The housing is also almost perfect, it just has a few superficial scratches on the screen part of the housing (pictures below in post #2). I'm including all the original accessories and instructions, except the o-ring lube. The camera is in it's original packaging as well. I used this on my trip to Utila, but don't plan on doing another trip for the next few years because of school. It's in great condition, and has taken great pictures :) I'm also including an extra battery! I'd like $440 or best offer. With the extra battery it costs $635+ new. Case seals perfectly; not a single leak.
seaandseasale062.jpg

seaandseasale056.jpg

seaandseasale054.jpg

Shipping will cost $20 for either camera. It will be sent with insurance, tracking number, and delivery confirmation. Contact me if you have any other questions.

Now, here are some pictures taken by this camera. I used the internal flash only and depths range from 40-70ft.
UTILA2009567.jpg

UTILA2009556.jpg

UTILA2009777-1.jpg

UTILA2009947-1.jpg

11.jpg

15.jpg

My YouTube video also shows more pictures and underwater video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY45ylV8lFc

Last edited:
Reply sent. Also, here are pictures of the minor scratches I described from each case.

CAMERA #1 (light hairlines):
campics005.jpg

CAMERA #2 (these are just superficial):
campics008.jpg

Heard good things about this camera. Would jump on it unfortunatly already spent my Scuba Allowance

Hi, are you including any cards with either of the cameras? I have several Nikonos V's and a Sony point and shoot with a Sony housing. I have a SB-105 and Ikelite Substrobe 200 (You need a lot of light with a 15mm) I'm looking for a light/easy package for a Hawaii trip that is only for snorkel/no dives. I would love not to have to carry one of the strobes or the Ultralight arm combos (looks funny but necessary with the Sony) I'm really intrigued by the photos with internal flash. I couldn't have taken those with the Nikonos without flash even at 30-40 feet. I'm looking at 15-30 feet as this is a snorkel trip. Oh by the way, are the still available? If so, $450/new $400/used? Also if we agree, how do I pay? I ask because if you agree, I would need to receive the camera before the 5th of February. I apologize if this doesn't make sense, but I am drinking wine on a Saturday night. I am seriously interested though.

Thanks
Mike

Hi, are you including any cards with either of the cameras? I have several Nikonos V's and a Sony point and shoot with a Sony housing. I have a SB-105 and Ikelite Substrobe 200 (You need a lot of light with a 15mm) I'm looking for a light/easy package for a Hawaii trip that is only for snorkel/no dives. I would love not to have to carry one of the strobes or the Ultralight arm combos (looks funny but necessary with the Sony) I'm really intrigued by the photos with internal flash. I couldn't have taken those with the Nikonos without flash even at 30-40 feet. I'm looking at 15-30 feet as this is a snorkel trip. Oh by the way, are the still available? If so, $450/new $400/used? Also if we agree, how do I pay? I ask because if you agree, I would need to receive the camera before the 5th of February. I apologize if this doesn't make sense, but I am drinking wine on a Saturday night. I am seriously interested though.

Thanks
Mike
I sent you a personal message. Check your inbox.

Currently, I have one or two people interested, but nothing is officially sold.

CAMERA #1 is SOLD

Cam. #2 is still up for grabs. It's in mint shape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom