Did anyone dive in SUDAN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go for it.

Sudan offers pristine reefs and guaranteed shark action. I did a two-week liveaboard in southern Sudanese waters last spring and didn't see any other boats (except a clandestine Yemeni fisherman speeding off in the distance). Worth every penny.

There is little or no shore diving in Sudan, it's almost all liveaboards of which there are just a handful operating at any time. Sudan is popular among Italian divers, which certainly improves the overall culinary quality. I was on Don Questo, a converted steel trawler. Captain Lorenzo is a gracious and knowledgable host who was a resort cook in a previous life and maintains high standards. Fresh barracuda sashimi with garlic and spring onion... yummy!

If you travel through Port Sudan you will also gain the unique experience of its airport, the smelly armpit of Africa :wink:

I was invited to go and dive Sudan. Wondering if anybody have some feedbacks I can use?

Don't hesitate, just make sure you're going with a good operator. Diving in the Sudanese Red Sea is fantastic and a real adventure not to be missed by divers wishing to experience the most unspoilt and prolific underwater landscapes our planet has to offer.

good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom