Can't decide between two split fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stillen

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys, I am looking at getting a new pair of dive fins but I can't deside beween the Apollo bio fin pro c series or the Northern Diver Coda fin. From what I have read they are just as good as one another.
Has anyone had any experience with these fin?
or any other fin I shold turn my attention to.
Cheers
P.S I not to concerned about the price tag

I love my Apollo Bio fins. I have had them for about 2 years. I got them with spring straps and man are they easy to put on. Love them!

....another vote for the Apollos.......the fact I've got 4 pairs must say something ! :D

I love my full-foot Apollo fins too. I've snorkelled for half a century and I'm a traditionalist, preferring natural rubber fins such as Apollo Bio to fins made from some indeterminate by-product of the petrochemical industry. I note from the Northern Diver website that their Coda fins are made from some unspecified "polymer" or "elastomer", which doesn't sound like natural rubber to me, so I wouldn't consider purchasing them. I would also want to check whether the fins matched my own foot dimensions, not somebody else's, while factoring in the effect of bulky socks or boots on sizing. Your priorities may well be very different. Finding fins that fit as well meeting expectations and matching swimming styles can be something of an odyssey.

yeh i'm sold apollos all the way, do you think the XT's would offer more move-ability compared to the standed c series? or just be the same (XT's being a stiffer fin)

:eyebrow:From what I have read they are just as good as one another.

Can't argue with that...

yeh i'm sold apollos all the way, do you think the XT's would offer more move-ability compared to the standed c series? or just be the same (XT's being a stiffer fin)

....well, I own both C series pairs and a pair of XT series, and the XT series is substantially stiffer than the C series....it surprised me how much stiffer they felt, I hadn't expected such a noticable difference. Which one is better? .....well, to some extent that's like asking which is better, chocolate or vanilla ? If you want a stiffer fin, definitely go for the XT......personally, I think I still prefer the 'softer' C series...the XT work the ankles a lot more, or so it feels to me......but those who like the stiffness/characteristics of paddle fins would likely be happier with the XT...the 'tech' crowd definitely prefers the stiffer feel/paddle fin concept.

personally I wouldn't go with splits, if you are diving in areas with line (a heavily fished area, Wrecks, or Caves) split fins have the potential to catch lines etc, causing entanglement hazards, the Fins by Dive Rite are some pretty darn awesome fins (non split) however if you would perfer splits Atomic Aquatic's "Smoke On The Water" is a pretty decent choice to go with...

Apollo gets my vote...their spring attachment system is also the cleanest of anyone.

I much prefer the more flexable (but thought I would like the stiffer)...

I live at the ocean so I'm in it often wearing my PINK apollo bio fins and when i FLY to a different destination i take my OLD pink US divers "BLADES" cause their lighter in the luggage

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom