PADI IDC Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikel

Reaction score
Any suggestions on best school to do IDC with in Key Largo?

Any comments on a school called EASE in Vero Beach for same? Trying to compare costs for all options.

Offline O.K., seaquest001@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Mike

Although I can't advise you about which location is best for your IDC in Key Largo, I would like to re-iterate a common mantra:It's the Instructor that makes (or breaks) the course.

An IDC is no different. Ergo, the primary thing you should be looking at when taking an IDC is the Course Director and h/h IDCS.

See if you can get some input from local Instructors as to the CD they did their IDC with. THAT will steer you in the right direction.

Bonne chance,

~SubMariner~

Thank you. I understand and agree. The problem is that I don't live near there. The school instructors do recommend- and a board member recommended- that is in my area is excellent. But- I want to go somewhere in a vacation setting.
Thus, Key Largo.

If anyone can recommend a great course director in Key Largo, that would be appreciated!

I used Ocean Divers about eight years ago (?) and they were pretty good. I recommend checking them out since it has been so long since I was there and a lot of things may have changed.

http://www.oceandivers.com/

Lot's of fun and great training when I did it though.

EDIT: Don't judge them by their website, its ugly as hell, LOL.

Does it have to be in Key Largo? I know of a great place in Ft. Lauderdale called Pro Dive. I did my IDC with them a few years back and dive with them on a regular basis so I know most everyone there. They are one of the most professional operations I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with yet they know how to have fun as well. They have a 60 foot, costom built, glass bottom dive boat they do all their training from and of course the great diving we have off the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami cost.

Check out their website and if you're interested give them a call, ask for Richard Hartley, he's the VP of Training and can answer all your questions.

Good Luck

Scott

Use Rainbow Reef in Tavernier. Horizon is ok, and not sure if OD still runs an idc. Rainbow Reef has a lot of good people, and most of them are good friends of mine. They use mostly six packs, and dive all of key largo, and tavernier. If you call, ask for avout. He's one of the course directors there, and a super nice guy. enjoy!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, Prodive has an outstanding reputation. There is no question that if I do it in Ft. Lauderdale will do there. If they would open a branch in the Keys I wouldn't have had to post original message.

Thing is, I live and work right near by. I want a "vacation" setting and for me, it's like being near my office. And, I don't like not being able to have lunch because I'll run into people I work with who don't understand that dive instruction is far more important/fun than work.

I understand completely. That's exactly why I came down here to do my IDC with them. I lived up north at the time and wanted a vacation at the same time. I didn't realize you were in the area, most people that ask about doing something in south Florida are from out of state.

Since you live right down the street, are you interested in diving Tenneco Towers tomorrow with ProDive? I made reseverations with them about an hour ago but have no buddy to dive with. Not unusual for me because I have weekdays off work. If you can make it PM me.

Scott

Thanks for the invite; really wish I could take day off. E-divers started diving on Wed nights; they went to Tenneco last week I think. Note: I had a couple trips to Tenneco aborted at last minute due recent really strong current.

If ever have a week day off I'll let you know in advance. I have a knack for knowing what day I'll be sick on well in advance of the day. I need someone to dive with because PADI says I can't force my wife to dive much as I'm tempted. She forced me to get married and it turned out to be a good thing.
Mike

I have every Wednesday night off, as my normal days off are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thrusday, so if you want to do a night dive some time PLEASE let me know. I love night dives but until now the only ones I knew of that did them were Pro Dive on Saturday night and I couldn't go.

Do you have a phone number to E-Divers? I might want to check them out myself sometime.

Tnanks,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom