Need info on fin type for new dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcapwet

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
After 33 years of diving I have finally invested in a dry suit. I have been using MARES shoe fins for years, even in cold water diving in the New England area, with LW boots. Well they will not work with the dry suits boots. I like to stop and hover to shoot UW photographs. My wife who has been dry suit diving for years, tells me that there will be no more hovering with my feet up towards surface. I have heard that some like the split fins and some do not. Any ideas or comments out there?
Thank You,
JCAPWET

I have used Force Fins with my Drysuit for years and did many dives in the Great Lakes and Alaska with them and they have given me many years of good service.
They also make a nice split fin as well
Have Fun out there

Congratulations on your dry suit! And although you will have to be a bit careful with your position in the water for a while, your days of hovering upside down are NOT over:

07afeae0.jpg

If you spend a bit of time in the fins subforum, you can read enough about splits versus other fins to make your head spin. You can get either splits or paddle fins that will work with drysuit boots. Splits tend to be better for covering ground and reducing effort; paddle fins are better for precise maneuvering (and, in my opinion, they are FAR superior as a stabilizing force to prevent roll). Whatever you get, I'd highly recommend spring straps for them. They make life SO much easier, especially if you're using heavy undergarments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom