The Blue Wild Expo in Fort Lauderdale! June 5 & 6, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chad Carney

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞

Attachments

• apg_1140469560.jpg
    apg_1140469560.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 53
  • speakersv1-50.jpg
    speakersv1-50.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 58
  • expovendors sw.jpg
    expovendors sw.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 60
  • raffle sw.jpg
    raffle sw.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 47
  • sheridaye5-50.jpg
    sheridaye5-50.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know Chad. I appreciate this heads up. For those of you who are out-of-towners like me, be advised the hotel will sell out early - probably 2 months early. Last year my hooligans and I stayed in a family member's apartment who lives abroad, but would have preferred to have stayed at the expo but hotel was sold out. So if you're going to go to this awesome underwater expo and stay at the hotel next door, book now or be sorry later. I booked a room the moment I saw Chad's post. Will in Sarasota

Thanks for letting us know Chad. I appreciate this heads up. For those of you who are out-of-towners like me, be advised the hotel will sell out early - probably 2 months early. Last year my hooligans and I stayed in a family member's apartment who lives abroad, but would have preferred to have stayed at the expo but hotel was sold out. So if you're going to go to this awesome underwater expo and stay at the hotel next door, book now or be sorry later. I booked a room the moment I saw Chad's post. Will in Sarasota

Ancient,

Because the show outgrew the IGFA Hall, it is now at the Broward County Convention Center. If you booked from The Blue Wild website you're at the host hotel the Courtyard Marriott Ft Lauderdale Beach. Hotel The Blue Wild Ocean Adventure Expo - hotel

So the hotel is no longer the Mariott next door to the IGFA Hall, but it's right on the beach, and there are shuttles running to The Blue Wild at the convention center. The Blue Wild Ocean Adventure Expo

And I agree it will sell out quickly with the $89 special rate.

See you there!

Chad

Is this mainly for spearfishing?

Chad, who you calling ANCIENT !!!! ??????? Them's fightin' words !! (if they weren't so friggin' true)

Yes, I am older than dirt and twice as dumb, but Sheri had already told me it was going to be at a different venue than last year, so perhaps dumb luck (that would be of the literal kind), or her woman's instincts and pity?, allowed me to call the right hotel. I did book a room at the Marriott on the beach. But thanks for looking after my low IQ. If only my sons would do likewise. Now, should I get two rooms (different floors or different hotels?) to get away from the "Continuing War of Derek and Liam", destined to take sibling rivalry to a new height? Or do I start filming the sequel to "There Will Be Blood" by passing out guns and knives and telling them to have it, but finish it before my bedtime? Those are eminently reasonable choices for a dad raising two boys essentially by himself, don't ya think?

Seyathere, Will

Is this mainly for spearfishing?

dt,

If asked 4 years ago, the answer would have been yes, mainly spearfishing and freediving. The Blue Wild got it's start along side the 2006 Nationals Tournament, where Sheri Daye won the women's championship.

Sheri is the founder of The Blue Wild and one of the most versatile divers I know - besides freediving and spearing she's an avid scuba diver, tech all the way to Trimix, a shell collector, wreck diver, oil rig diver, and a budding videographer.

Her words: "The Blue Wild is much more than a spearfishing event.... we have photography, videography, lobstering, scuba, pure freediving.....there were sessions on these topics last year and will be even more again this year. The exhibitors are from many areas other than spearfishing.....we have marine artists, dive safety organizations, boating industry experts, scuba gear manufacturers and retailers, photographers, videographers, etc." Sheri Daye

As many of you may know, Ocean Fest is again not happening this year in Ft Lauderdale, and The Blue Wild is stepping up to fill the void!

A look at the forming pages of speakers & workshop presenters backs that up... to name a few: Mote Marine shark expert Dr Jose Castro, artists Cary Chen, David Worth & Pasta Pantaleo; DAN's Dr. Neal Pollock, IANTD Chairman of the Board, Tom Mount; Lt. Dave Bingham of the FWC, non-spearing freedivers Kirk Krack, Mandy-Rae Cruickshank & Julie Richardson.

And there are a bunch of us like Sheri who have multiple interests besides spearfishing.... Pipin Ferreras, Rob Torelli, Manny Puig, Chip Bissell, Dave Earp and many more to come.

A few of the manufacturers of other than spearfishing gear, so far: Zeagle, Mares, Armor, Costa del Mar sunglasses, Realsea wetsuits, and many more big names are in the works.

Some of the diversified exhibitors & retailers: Bass Pro, Force E, E-Searider bean bags, Wetwear Custom Wetsuits, Scubaboard, Austin’s Diving Center, Scubasworld, and many more soon.

Hope to see lots of you there! The Blue Wild Ocean Adventure Expo

Chad
(Boat Captain, wreck enthusiast, tech diver, videographer and part-time spearfisherman.) :D

Breaking News: Latest addition to The Blue Wild 2010:

Stan Waterman

Award Winning Cinematographer/Producer
Stan is a five-time Emmy winning cinematographer and underwater film producer.

More info on www.thebluewild.com

Attachments

• sharkbanner.gif
    sharkbanner.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 35
  • smile_stan.jpg
    smile_stan.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back