Looking for some advice on spring straps...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chipstix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I have some Salvo spring straps for my Mares Avanti Quattro fins and have been so impressed, that I'd like to buy some spring straps for my wife.

She has a pair of Mares Avanti X3 fins (size small). I took the "mushroom to mushroom" measurement around her heel and it came out at 12.5 inches

Salvo don't seem to be around any more, at least I can't find a supplier in the UK?

I'm struggling to find a good option. I've found the Mares spring straps, and that would be the backup plan, but I think they're overpriced at £33GBP+shipping - more than half the cost of the fins!

I'd be grateful of any points in the right direction. I saw a few on ebay, but the small Beavers didn't look small enough, and the other items had a poor size explanation, giving the length of the spring itself which is not that useful.

Thanks!

I would reccomend either Atomic Aquatics straps, or Dive Rite's Spring Straps

XS Scuba has them, and as I recall they were reasonable in price and have little tabs on them which are nice for getting them on. Piranha Dive Manufacturing has them, too, at good prices, and in styles for all types of connectors.

I have Manta spring straps Manta Spring Fin Strap pin style. They cost 25AUD. I used to have another type on my other fins but I like these ones a lot better as there's nothing sticking out at all and they are really easy to take on and off.

They have a few different ones for different fins too.

Haven't been on SB much lately, but I'm a big fan of Wayward Son's spring straps. Not sure if he still makes them, but he custom cuts the spring. Shoot him a PM.

I've found some spring straps.

Submerge Spring Fin Strap (Pair) in Fins,Accessories | Simply Scuba UK

I found an unbranded pair (made by "Submerge") on SimplyScuba. as Mares, but half the price. Confirmed this with Simplyscuba and checked the size as small.

I used a 10% discount voucher. Total cost £16.50 inc shipping.

Should be just the ticket.

If I have time I might add a small drilling and then stainless bolt and lock nut that holds the clip on to the mushroom - though mine never come off during the dive, only occassionaly when I take then out of the kit bag.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom