explorer ventures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you search the Cruises and Liveaboards section? There are about 100 threads. They have 3 boats. They may soon have a fourth. Which are you interested in, then hit search. There are no reports of the Humbolt Explorer, it isn't online yet, but soon.

This is the boat (Or was) that they are replacing! Great company would go with them in a heart beat!
806__MG_9565_Oct_10th_2008_Explorer_I_group.jpg

http://twotankedproductions.com/traveltripinformation/caribbeanexploreri.html

This is the boat (Or was) that they are replacing! Great company would go with them in a heart beat!

If by replacing you mean going back to the same destination, Ummmm, no. The CEX was the first liveaboard I ever worked on, many moons ago.

I went on the Caribbean Explorer I about 2 yrs ago in the southern Bahamas. That was some fantastic diving there! I will be going on the Humboldt Explorer this Aug./ Sept. in the Galapagos. Really looking forward to that. I really liked the boat (my only other experience before that was Blackbeards). Compared to Blackbeards it was quite roomy & seemed well organized. It was a very well run trip. The boat was starting to show its age, but there were no major malfunctions. The crew was very professional & made sure everyone had a good time. Overall I was very impressed with the operation.

I've gone with them twice, to Turks and Caicos, and Saba/St. Kitts and will be heading back for the Bahamas trip in April. No problems, good diving and good food both trips

I love Explorer Venutures. I have been out with them 4 times...twice on the CEXI (Caribbean Explorer I), which as someone pointed out is no longer around, once on the CEX II, and once on the Turks and Caicos II. I would say the T&C II was my favorite boat as far as the lay out of the boat. I like them much better than Blackbeards and I personally prefer them over the one Nekton boat I have been on (although I am sure others will disagree). They are a great company to deal with both before the trip and during the trip.

Which trip are you looking at and do you have specific questions?

Anything we should know about the T&C II trip? We're booked for May. (can't beat $500 off)
We've done liveaboards b4 so I'm mostly interested in comments/logistics for this trip.

thx,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom