Bugs in Wisdom/Insight Dive Log V2.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FritzCat66

Florida Reef Cat
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just this past week I downloaded the latest-greatest version of the Wisdom 2 Dive Log software and USB interface.

The downloaded filename is "995.SCI101beta.2.1.0.beta.1.0.exe" and Help/About returns "Version 2.1.0 Build 01.07.10".

I've been using it this past week and many things do seem improved from prior versions. However, I would like to report a few bugs I've noticed; if you could pass these on to your developers maybe they can get them fixed in a subsequent release:

1) The function to name a gear configuration in the "Gear Bag" tab (presumably for convenient recall of common configurations) isn't really functional. For a given name, it seems to memorize only the reg, altair, BC, gauges, suit, and boots - that is, only the items on the lower left side of the gear screen. Everything else - including gloves, hood, mask, snorkel, and fins, as well as the weights - seems not to be recorded in a named configuration for recall.

Just a suggestion, if this function is being worked on: Even when the gear-naming function is working properly, it's sometimes unclear after recalling a memorized configuration by name from the drop-down list and then editing it, whether when you save the dive you're also changing that named configuration or not.

For example, I have a configuration named "Standard Cold Saltwater" which brings up my usual gear. But then let's say I manually change my hood for the dive from my usual 3mm to a 5mm. Now, when I save that dive, will the software also modify my "Standard Cold Saltwater" gear package so that it next time I use it, the hood will now read 5mm? It's not clear. I would actually prefer that it did NOT modify the configuration. To make this more clear, I suggest that, instead of right-clicking the config name to add/delete, it might be useful to have discrete buttons for Add, Delete, or Save Configuration.

2) Also on the Gear Bag page, fix misspelling of "Intergrated Weight" to the proper "Integrated Weight".

3) In Dive Computer settings, when I try and change the Turn Pressure it does not seem to save to the computer. It doesn't matter whether I'm changing the value for the turn pressure, or just disabling the turn pressure alarm. I have to change anything about turn pressure manually on the computer itself.

That's all I found that I can remember anyway. SAC calculations do seem to be fixed now!

>*< Fritz

Back
Top Bottom