Extra Force Fin experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

requindiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just returned from a week in Cozumel using Force Fins for the first time. Blair Mott of Force Fin did a great job of setting me up with the correct fin for my needs.
As an Instructor I’ve tested, owned, and sold most of what’s out there including the new ScubaPro Seawing Nova. With all the buzz about Force Fins, and the innovative designs, I just had to give them a try.
I ended up with the Extra Force Fin model based on my need for thrust and control, especially the smooth control when shooting video. Aside from needing a good Instructor fin, I spearfish and shoot UW Video.
The Extra Force Fins took me four dives to get accustomed to and a fifth dive to be convinced that these were the real deal. For me to feel the level of thrust I desired my “Force Wings” needed to be at position 3, which is forcing the water through a pretty tight channel. Set to my liking the Extra Force Fins were amazing, I had all the thrust I needed to get a close shot without any fatigue. It’s hard to describe, but I was moving fast without the increased breathing and effort.

The Extra Force Fins are keepers. I recommend to those who buy them to really consider trying the “Force Wings” especially if you use a paddle fin. Also, the Comfort Instep was a wise addition for me. I was able to use all my various kick styles without issue, frog kick was no problem.
I am eager to try out other Force Fin designs in the future.

Blair, thanks for helping get these two fish amongst many others with my Force Fins, dinner was great.

Attachments

• CIMG0069.jpg
    CIMG0069.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 61
  • CIMG0072.jpg
    CIMG0072.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 66
I am sure the Bob and Blair will get a kick out of reading your review, they love hearing about people that love their products. welcome to the light

requindiver, Good to hear how you clicked into gear. The variable thrust winglets of the Extra Force makes for a interesting story. I am going to ask Blair Mott, to add this to the "Bob Evans Vault". You're a real Aqua-man , and what you can not describe is in the Aqua-part of you.

Back
Top Bottom