Jupiter Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDean59

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My family is planning a trip in June so that my son and I can dive in the Jupiter area.

My question is this. We have some non-divers in the family that would like to hang out on the beach and do things while we are diving. Are there any reasonable priced hotels on the beach that anyone would recommend? Are the beaches and hotels better at Jupiter or would other nearby areas be better?

Thanks in advance.

In Jupiter the hotels on the beach are: Jupiter Beach Resort (not exactly cheap, but worth checking) and Jupiter Reef Club (timeshares that are possible to rent out)

Holiday Inn Express in Juno Beach is about a block from the beach which would be a more economical alternative. There is also a Hampton in Juno Beach and a Best Western in Jupiter that are near the beach, but you'd likely want to drive over to the beach so you don't have to cross busy US1.

Further south, on Singer Island there are a couple hotels on the beach, a Hilton and a Marriott.

Also look at vrbo.com might get a good deal on renting a condo near the beach.

Jupiter Beach allows dogs, so it is pretty popular. A lot of people like to hang out at the beach down by the pier, or at Carlin Park, and there is parking along the beach most of the way in between. I live very near Jupiter Beach and go there all the time. In June, make sure everyone has sandals because the sand is a little darker and can get pretty hot. If you have access to beach umbrellas they are very handy. Also keep in mind that there may be sea lice that time of year.

It may be possible at night to go on a turtle walk with the Juno Beach Marinelife Center to see Loggerheads laying eggs. Get on their mailing list because spots fill up really fast. Check out Macarthur park and ocean reef park on Singer Island for awesome snorkeling as well as Coral Cove on Jupiter Island. Jonathan Dickinson state park is great for renting a canoe and exploring the mangroves and up into the cypress along the river. Riverbend park is great for taking a nice long walk.

Holiday Inn Express in Juno Beach would be a perfect location for a hotel in Jupiter for you.
Free parking and 1/2 block from beach. Love their breakfast with the cinammon rolls-yummy!
Rooms are very reasonable and the staff has been friendly when I have stayed there.
I agree about Macarthur state park, great snorkeling. Wasn't really that crowded when I was there. Hope this helps you in your search.

I have noticed that a lot of the state parks that are on the beach close at sunset. Is that an ordinance that people can not be on the beach after dark?

Is the walk from Holiday Inn express pretty close?

Thanks,
Dean

The state parks close at dusk, however you can definitely go to the beach from the Holiday Inn at night (not sure if it is technically allowed or not, but I go from time to time since I live close by.) That being said, in June it is turtle egg laying season. This means there are volunteers walking the beach at night looking for sea turtles. If you have flashlights you'll probably attract their attention, and if you disturb turtles you might find yourself in big trouble. Again, it is worthwhile going on a tour with the marinelife center, but again keep in mind they sell out fast so check their website regularly to find out when they start taking reservations.

It is a very short walk to the beach from the Holiday Inn Express, about 200 yards. The marinelife center is also walking distance from the Holiday Inn, and is also worth while checking out, because they have sea turtles being rehabilitated.

Thanks,

I have been in contact with the marinelife center and hopefully I can set up a turtle walk with them.

Are there places to grab a bite to eat along the beach or is it better to pack something for the walk down?

The marriot at Singer Island is a pretty nice place. John Macarthur State Park "correct me if im wrong" Is a couple miles north of there and theres a small little reef where some snorkelling can be done. The beach at the Marriot is awesome.

There are a few places to eat near the hotel, but not so much at the beach. It is a pretty unique beach area in that it is not built up as much as other places.

Off the top of my head, there are at least a half dozen restaurants in the vicinity of that intersection by the hotel. Hurricane Cafe is the one I frequent the most, usually for a weekend breakfast.

If you want to eat at the beach, I'd bring some food. There is a grocery store (and more restaurants) about a mile north on US1.

The marriot at Singer Island is a pretty nice place. John Macarthur State Park "correct me if im wrong" Is a couple miles north of there and theres a small little reef where some snorkelling can be done. The beach at the Marriot is awesome.

I'm looking at the Marriott and have a question about the hotel. Is that a timeshare facility and do you have to go through the typical 90 minute spill about the facility?

It will be a question of economical or great beach. Both the Marriot and Holiday Inn Express seem to have their advantages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom